No announcement yet.

My attempt at a top 50(1970-present)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Fair enough I guess, you did say you missed some names.

Don't get some of your orders, you did say 50% is based on your own personal opinions of how good they were skill / talent wise though, think most people missed that, pretty sure everyone agrees that we all have many different conceptions on how good boxers are in them departments.

Still some odd choices with Whitaker, Lopez, Nelson in particular being low and imo Spinks would be too low at tier 5, he's well balanced in all of your criteria.

But whatever, props on making the list I guess.
    Thanks

I edited Spinks is tier 4 or 5 a borderline guy IMO he was very very consistent, his wins vs Holmes are excellent but his lightheavy wins aren't any greater then the tier 6 lightheavies. As for my biggest criteria I think Spinks beats all light heavies except RJJ B-Hop Maske and Foster.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Thanks

I edited Spinks is tier 4 or 5 a borderline guy IMO he was very very consistent, his wins vs Holmes are excellent but his lightheavy wins aren't any greater then the tier 6 lightheavies. As for my biggest criteria I think Spinks beats all light heavies except RJJ B-Hop Maske and Foster.
      Really ?, I would of liked him to come a long a few years earlier (Would of loved a fight with him against Conteh or Saad) but he still cleared out a stacked era, Dwight Qawi on his own trumps any win of Maske's or Hill's, add to that Eddie Muhammad and Marvin Johnson 2 very good wins whom probably are better then any opponents they beat.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Really ?, I would of liked him to come a long a few years earlier (Would of loved a fight with him against Conteh or Saad) but he still cleared out a stacked era, Dwight Qawi on his own trumps any win of Maske's or Hill's, add to that Eddie Muhammad and Marvin Johnson 2 very good wins whom probably are better then any opponents they beat.

I strongly disagree. the 80s was weak era for light heavies and I don't see Qawi being any better then Tiozzo or Prince Charles.

Comment

I strongly disagree. the 80s was weak era for light heavies and I don't see Qawi being any better then Tiozzo or Prince Charles.
          We'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Neither JCC or Ramirez are my favorites(look at my sig)

As for contradicting myself. JCC stopped Ramirez Pernell split with him there is no comparison. I would also argue the Ramirez after JCC stopped him was significantly worse then the Ramirez that beat Pernell.

Also I missed on Spinks he should be tier 5 or 4 and lol at Calzaghe he wouldn't make my top 70.

Chavez did not stop Ramirez. He won by Technical Decision (accidental head butt) And if you think Whitaker legitimately lost that first fight to Ramirez, that speaks for itself about you.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620
              Chavez did not stop Ramirez. He won by Technical Decision. And if you think Whitaker lost that first fight to Ramirez, that speaks for itself.

Point still stands Ramirez took a beating(he gave some good shots too) against Chavez and certainly lost apart of him after that fight

I had the first JLR/Pernell fight as too close to call and when that happens I go with whatever the decision was.

Comment

Point still stands Ramirez took a beating(he gave some good shots too) against Chavez and certainly lost apart of him after that fight

I had the first JLR/Pernell fight as too close to call and when that happens I go with whatever the decision was.

Point stands that it wasn't a stoppage and you were trying to rewrite history. I don't know of any objective people who thought Whitaker-Ramirez was a close fight and many see it as one of the worst robberies in history. After reading your bizarre all time list and statements, it doesn't surprise me that you saw it as "too close to call".

Comment

Working...
                X