No announcement yet.

Sparring Stories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Stories

Evander Holyfield use to use riddick bowe as a sparring partner back in the late 80's very early 90's and he use to handle bowe easy.

Roger Mayweather beat up hector camacho in sparring.

Former British and european and world title challenger Howad Eastman beat up a old tommy hearns in sparring

Harry Greb made a fool of jack dempsey in sparring.

Travis Walker dropped Vitali Klitschlo in sparring back in 2004 just before vital retired.

Anymore??????

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    Evander Holyfield use to use riddick bowe as a sparring partner back in the late 80's very early 90's and he use to handle bowe easy.

Travis Walker dropped Vitali Klitschlo in sparring back in 2004 just before vital retired.

Anymore??????
    Hmmm thats new to me, thanks for sharing man

Comment

Bert Cooper beating up on bowe in sparring

Comment

Heard Mike Mccallum and Tommy Hearns use to have some great spar's, manny steward said you couldnt split them, they were that evenly fought

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
          Bert Cooper beating up on bowe in sparring
          never heard that one before, did it come from cooper?

Comment

This is not sparring but the baby bull diaz beat Berto in the amateurs...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              never heard that one before, did it come from cooper?
              yeah Cooper said that before his fight with bowe

Comment

After Dwight Qawi got out of prison he went to Joe Fraziers' gym where he would spar with Bennie Briscoe.

Comment

Were to start...

Pernell Whitaker has KO'd Zab Judah in a sparring session.

I've read that Jersey Joe Walcott dropped Joe Louis in sparring, when he was also under Jackie Blackburn.

In Clay Moyle's book on Sam Langford, he says that shortly before the Johnson/Jeffries bout, Langford KO'd Jeffries in a sparring session/gym fight.

Andre Dirrell is belived to have beat up Chad Dawson in sparring.

Lots more, will post more.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
                    Were to start...

Pernell Whitaker has KO'd Zab Judah in a sparring session.

I've read that Jersey Joe Walcott dropped Joe Louis in sparring, when he was also under Jackie Blackburn.

In Clay Moyle's book on Sam Langford, he says that shortly before the Johnson/Jeffries bout, Langford KO'd Jeffries in a sparring session/gym fight.

Andre Dirrell is belived to have beat up Chad Dawson in sparring.

Lots more, will post more.

I finished that book not long ago and don't remember this (old age), could you tell me the page number so I can re-read it?

Comment

Working...
                    X