Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ScoreCard thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I crashed out before the show even kicked off last night but just watched it now and man that was dissapointing, Devon punked out, he quit. That doctor thought he could continue but Alexander gave him no choice.

Didnt score it but im sure Bradley deserved it, he was the boss in there, pressed the fight and wanted it more

Comment

Just watched Lewis vs Holyfield 2. Ive always said Lewis was ROBBED in the first fight and Evander did a bit more in the second and they gave it to Lewis almost to make up for the bad call first time around.

But heres how i just scored it

Lewis - 115
      Holyfield - 113

And i wanted to give it to Evander.

Mabey its because Evander was so much better than the first time around ive always thought he won but he didnt, Lummox deserved the win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Just watched Lewis vs Holyfield 2. Ive always said Lewis was ROBBED in the first fight and Evander did a bit more in the second and they gave it to Lewis almost to make up for the bad call first time around.

But heres how i just scored it

Lewis - 115
        Holyfield - 113

And i wanted to give it to Evander.

Mabey its because Evander was so much better than the first time around ive always thought he won but he didnt, Lummox deserved the win.
        I had the same score. Lewis won both fights in reality --- he just looked terrific winning one, & at-times awful winning the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
          I had the same score. Lewis won both fights in reality --- he just looked terrific winning one, & at-times awful winning the other.
          This is an accurate recap.

Comment

How did everybody score Kessler vs Froch?

I remember having Mikkel 1 point up, but just rescored it a minute ago and came up with this

ROUND 1 - 10-9 FROCH
            ROUND 2 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 3 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 4 - 10-9 FROCH
            ROUND 5 - 10-9 FROCH
            ROUND 6 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 7 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 8 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 9 - 10-9 KESSLER
            ROUND 10 - 10-9 FROCH
            ROUND 11 - 10-9 FROCH
            ROUND 12 - 10-9 FROCH

TOTALS

FROCH - 114
            KESSLER - 114

A DRAW

I noted tho there were many close rounds, and i scribbled down on a few occasions that the round could have gone either way

Really good close fight however u slice it, but it FELT like Kessler won, he was the aggresor and with home advantage the crowd roared his every shot. I think the right man probably won but my card this time around at least scores it a Draw

Comment

Holmes-Norton.

Had it 9-6 for Holmes. This fight was not as close as history remembers it, though Norton came on very strong in the last five or six rounds, he really gave a bucketload of points away through the first-half of the bout. Holmes was winning decisively at the mid-way point, before Norton came on & came on like a man possessed. The last round was a classic confrontation between an ageing, gutsy fighter (Norton) & a hungry, younger man with a worsening shoulder injury (Holmes).

Holmes won this a little clearer than the judges had it, but there's a good reason he never entertained signing to fight Norton (who deserved a rematch) a second time.

Holmes never wanted anything to do with anyone who gave him a tough night. You can bet your life had he been given the nod in the first fight with Spinks, there never would've been a second fight. Norton (among others) can vouch for that.
              Last edited by Wild Blue Yonda; 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Heres my Barrera vs Marquez card from rewatching last night

Round 1 - 10-10 EVEN
                Round 2 - 10-9 MAB
                Round 3 - 10-9 MAB
                Round 4 - 10-9 MAB
                Round 5 - 10-9 JMM
                Round 6 - 10-9 JMM
                Round 7 - 9-8 JMM
                Round 8 - 10-9 MAB
                Round 9 - 10-9 MAB
                Round 10 - 10-9 JMM
                Round 11 - 10-9 JMM
                Round 12 - 10-9 JMM

Totals - 114-113 MARQUEZ

This fight is incredible, right up there with Barrera vs Morales and better than Pacquaio vs Morales

I had JMM 1 point up but in reality either man could have one this, tough fight to score with almost every round being tight, u may note my score for round 7, i scored it 9-8 for JMM, He dominated the round BIG, but then got dropped so to me thats 9-9, Barrera then gets docked a point for a blatent foul while JMM is down 9-8. The ref never called it a KD but it clearly was so i scored it, if i had gone with Nady id have called it 10-8 JMM and my final score would have been 115-112

Comment

Heres my Barrera vs Marquez card from rewatching last night

Round 1 - 10-10 EVEN
                  Round 2 - 10-9 MAB
                  Round 3 - 10-9 MAB
                  Round 4 - 10-9 MAB
                  Round 5 - 10-9 JMM
                  Round 6 - 10-9 JMM
                  Round 7 - 9-8 JMM
                  Round 8 - 10-9 MAB
                  Round 9 - 10-9 MAB
                  Round 10 - 10-9 JMM
                  Round 11 - 10-9 JMM
                  Round 12 - 10-9 JMM

Totals - 114-113 MARQUEZ

This fight is incredible, right up there with Barrera vs Morales and better than Pacquaio vs Morales

I had JMM 1 point up but in reality either man could have one this, tough fight to score with almost every round being tight, u may note my score for round 7, i scored it 9-8 for JMM, He dominated the round BIG, but then got dropped so to me thats 9-9, Barrera then gets docked a point for a blatent foul while JMM is down 9-8. The ref never called it a KD but it clearly was so i scored it, if i had gone with Nady id have called it 10-8 JMM and my final score would have been 115-112
                  I agree with you on the scoring of Round 7. I go back and forth between 10-8 and 9-8, but it's not as big a deal as Lampley and Lederman make it out to be. They act like it would have been 10-8 for Barrera. Yeah right. Marquez was about to stop him three or four times throughout that round. I generally agree with your score although I disagree with a few rounds. They're so close, though, that that's bound to happen. Overall, great, really underrated fight. The scores were bull****, though. My little brother, who I'm trying to turn into a boxing fan, said "those scores are trash. That's the most even fight I've ever seen." If he can call shenanigans on judges, you know something fishy's up. The right guy won, though.

Comment

How did everybody score Kessler vs Froch?

I remember having Mikkel 1 point up, but just rescored it a minute ago and came up with this

ROUND 1 - 10-9 FROCH
                    ROUND 2 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 3 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 4 - 10-9 FROCH
                    ROUND 5 - 10-9 FROCH
                    ROUND 6 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 7 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 8 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 9 - 10-9 KESSLER
                    ROUND 10 - 10-9 FROCH
                    ROUND 11 - 10-9 FROCH
                    ROUND 12 - 10-9 FROCH

TOTALS

FROCH - 114
                    KESSLER - 114

A DRAW

I noted tho there were many close rounds, and i scribbled down on a few occasions that the round could have gone either way

Really good close fight however u slice it, but it FELT like Kessler won, he was the aggresor and with home advantage the crowd roared his every shot. I think the right man probably won but my card this time around at least scores it a Draw
                    I had the last round even so I scored it 115-114, Kessler. Other than that, my card is almost identical.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      I had the last round even so I scored it 115-114, Kessler. Other than that, my card is almost identical.
                      Im pretty sure that was my score first time around but again like JMM vs MAB there was alot of tight rounds and u couldnt really argue on quite a few rounds

Two top fights tho man

Comment

Working...
                      X