No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez v Antonio Margarito II who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez v Antonio Margarito II who wins

Could Martinez avenge the stoppage loss to Margarito if they was to meet at 160lbs in a rematch...

I think Sergio would win I have seen the first fight between the two. I would like to see Manny fight Sergio at middle wieght or 155, I think he could beat him. Even if Pacquiao lost it would not effect his legacy imo.
    Last edited by Holtol; 01-05-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

At this point, Martinez DESTROYS Margarito. Probably (probably) not a stoppage, but an embarrassing thrashing for Margarito. He's too slow to be representative against Martinez this time. Also, keep in mind that Martinez hits a lot harder than Pacquiao. Pacquiao hits really hard...for a little guy. Martinez has legitimate middleweight power.

Comment

i think both Margarito & Pacquiao would beat Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          At this point, Martinez DESTROYS Margarito. Probably (probably) not a stoppage, but an embarrassing thrashing for Margarito. He's too slow to be representative against Martinez this time. Also, keep in mind that Martinez hits a lot harder than Pacquiao. Pacquiao hits really hard...for a little guy. Martinez has legitimate middleweight power.
          what makes you think Martinez hits "a lot" harder than Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            what makes you think Martinez hits "a lot" harder than Pacquiao
            He stopped Williams with a true one punch KO and had him rocked repeatedly in the first fight. Pacquiao isn't a one-punch knockout puncher north of 140. The only time he's landed one punch that really makes you go "damn!" since the Hatton fight is the uppercut that floored Cotto. Cotto's chin isn't really granite and he had absolutely no idea where that shot was coming from. He couldn't hurt Clottey, couldn't even really come close and he couldn't hurt Margarito. Thnk about that. He broke Margarito's eye socket and he still couldn't hurt him. He does all his damage with speed now...and his speed is starting to slip, barely. He clearly wasn't as fast against Margarito as he was against Cotto. And even though Martinez is older, does anyone think that he's got more mileage on him than Pacquiao? He's (boxing-wise) younger, and a lot stronger. He's not faster, but he's almost as athletically as Pacquiao, something that might confuse him.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              i think both Margarito & Pacquiao would beat Martinez
              Martinez is not proven to me yet, Pavliks drinking problems plus cuts may have effected the fight.

Willimas was knocked out but he has a small head and a skinny neck. Plus he was moving into the punch and did not see it.

I still have my doubts about Margarito beating Sergio.

Comment

I think Martinez would win by UD in a rematch against Margarito. Martinez should be able to outbox him and, hopefully, won't let Margarito walk him into the ropes and into a close quarters fight like in the first match up. As long as he can keep his distance and not let Margarito fight inside, I think he'll win.

Comment

There's not too many people who couldn't beat Margacheato right now, the guy is completely shot. If they ever fought again Martinez wins by a near shutout decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    He stopped Williams with a true one punch KO and had him rocked repeatedly in the first fight. Pacquiao isn't a one-punch knockout puncher north of 140. The only time he's landed one punch that really makes you go "damn!" since the Hatton fight is the uppercut that floored Cotto. Cotto's chin isn't really granite and he had absolutely no idea where that shot was coming from. He couldn't hurt Clottey, couldn't even really come close and he couldn't hurt Margarito. Thnk about that. He broke Margarito's eye socket and he still couldn't hurt him. He does all his damage with speed now...and his speed is starting to slip, barely. He clearly wasn't as fast against Margarito as he was against Cotto. And even though Martinez is older, does anyone think that he's got more mileage on him than Pacquiao? He's (boxing-wise) younger, and a lot stronger. He's not faster, but he's almost as athletically as Pacquiao, something that might confuse him.
                    some remarkable comments here..

Cotto, Clottey & Margarito all said Pacquiao is the hardest puncher they have ever faced as well as the greatest boxer they have ever been in with, add to that the fact that Pacquiao has improved with every performance under Freddie Roach then i simply cannot see were your comments are coming from.. Pacquiao is still improving and would be a huge favorite to beat Martinez should they ever meet.

Margarito is one tough hombre and i would take him to defeat Martinez if they ever fought a rematch. Margarito got plenty of his punches home against Pacquiao and i dont feel Martinez is anywhere near as tough as Pacquiao so would fold again under Margarito's onslaught.

Comment

Working...
                    X