Super-Six SuperHeavyweight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    when does Lennox fight Foreman of 1973?
    Geez I wonder who youd pick in that one! You have Lennox losing to every single person in the tournament including Primo. I couldve put Bugs Bunny on the list and youd still pick against Lennox.

But....how do you rate Wladimir as a better fighter than Vitali? Corrie Sanders hit both Wlad and Vitali with the exact same punch...Wlad was TKOd, Vitali was dazed for one round, but recovered and won the fight.

Vitali finished Sam Peter quicker, and didnt get bullied by Ross Purrity. The only common opponent Wlad did better against was little Byrd and that was because Byrd was banned from sparring. ALso Wlad has been down an astonishing 12 times! Vitali only once.

Last edited by Joeyzagz; 12-18-2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      Geez I wonder who youd pick in that one! You have Lennox losing to every single person in the tournament including Primo. I couldve put Bugs Bunny on the list and youd still pick against Lennox.

But....how do you rate Wladimir as a better fighter than Vitali? Corrie Sanders hit both Wlad and Vitali with the exact same punch...Wlad was TKOd, Vitali was dazed for one round, but recovered and won the fight.

Vitali finished Sam Peter quicker, and didnt get bullied by Ross Purrity. The only common opponent Wlad did better against was little Byrd and that was because Byrd was banned from sparring. ALso Wlad has been down an astonishing 12 times! Vitali only once.

Frazier beat Ali, Foreman beat Frazier yet Ali beat Foreman, so triangle theories are meaningless.... i am giving my honest opinion of who i feel would win the hypothetical match-ups which you have listed, i picked Primo over Lewis as i feel he was better than Lewis and had greater mobility as well as punch resistance and power than Lewis, which is why i think he would win.. i also stated that i think Riddick Bowe would win the tournement by KOing every opponent.

Your analysis of the Klitschko brothers is not the way i see it, my take on it is that Vitali avoids any fighter who is a threat to him by getting Wlad to beat them then beating them himself (Peter) once they have been softened up.. i believe Vitali faked injury to avoid Rahman, i believe he was on his way to getting stopped when "Quitting" against Chris Byrd and i believe Sanders was well past it when he fought Vitali. i also think both brothers are very poor in terms of boxing ability with Vitali the worst of the two by a long way, Vitali is so bad at boxing that i sit laughing when watching him and i believe that Vitali himself knows that he is awful which is why he only ever fights Class D- opponents... Primo Carnera would knock out both brothers, The version of Riddick Bowe which you have put up was "A Fighting Machine" who would be a tough fight for any fighter in history which is why i say he wins this by knocking out everyone.

Comment

Frazier beat Ali, Foreman beat Frazier yet Ali beat Foreman, so triangle theories are meaningless.... i am giving my honest opinion of who i feel would win the hypothetical match-ups which you have listed, i picked Primo over Lewis as i feel he was better than Lewis and had greater mobility as well as punch resistance and power than Lewis, which is why i think he would win.. i also stated that i think Riddick Bowe would win the tournement by KOing every opponent.

Your analysis of the Klitschko brothers is not the way i see it, my take on it is that Vitali avoids any fighter who is a threat to him by getting Wlad to beat them then beating them himself (Peter) once they have been softened up.. i believe Vitali faked injury to avoid Rahman, i believe he was on his way to getting stopped when "Quitting" against Chris Byrd and i believe Sanders was well past it when he fought Vitali. i also think both brothers are very poor in terms of boxing ability with Vitali the worst of the two by a long way, Vitali is so bad at boxing that i sit laughing when watching him and i believe that Vitali himself knows that he is awful which is why he only ever fights Class D- opponents... Primo Carnera would knock out both brothers, The version of Riddick Bowe which you have put up was "A Fighting Machine" who would be a tough fight for any fighter in history which is why i say he wins this by knocking out everyone.
        Vitali Klitschko has the most underated defense in the history of boxing. He rarely ever gets hit flush in his face, and admited that he was tagged more times in the 6 rounds with Lennox, than his entire career! Far better head movement than his brother.

Here is how I rank the Superheavyweights at their very best.

1. Lennox
        2. Foreman
        3. Vitali
        4. Wladimir
        5. Bowe
        6. Primo Carnera

Bowe is not as skilled as an Emanuel Steward trained fighter.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko has the most underated defense in the history of boxing. He rarely ever gets hit flush in his face, and admited that he was tagged more times in the 6 rounds with Lennox, than his entire career! Far better head movement than his brother.

Here is how I rank the Superheavyweights at their very best.

1. Lennox
          2. Foreman
          3. Vitali
          4. Wladimir
          5. Bowe
          6. Primo Carnera

Bowe is not as skilled as an Emanuel Steward trained fighter.
          Vitali has only fought one fighter who was rated above Class D and that was Lewis which is why he was hit often..

explain - not as skilled as an Emanuel Steward trained fighter.?... Wlad is trained by Stewart?

So Bowe v Holyfield (1) you are saying Bowe was not as "Skilled" as Lewis who Stewart trained?

explain how you came up with these rankings

1. Lennox
          2. Foreman
          3. Vitali
          4. Wladimir
          5. Bowe
          6. Primo Carnera

Comment

Vitali has only fought one fighter who was rated above Class D and that was Lewis which is why he was hit often..

explain - not as skilled as an Emanuel Steward trained fighter.?... Wlad is trained by Stewart?

So Bowe v Holyfield (1) you are saying Bowe was not as "Skilled" as Lewis who Stewart trained?

explain how you came up with these rankings

1. Lennox
            2. Foreman
            3. Vitali
            4. Wladimir
            5. Bowe
            6. Primo Carnera

The only loss on Bowe's record was courtesy of an Emanuel Steward trained fighter. Lennox and Wlad are much bigger and more powerful than Evander and more skilled than Bowe. I cant see Wlad or Lennox losing to Bowe.

My rankings are based on each fighter on their BEST DAY. Lennox defeated every superheavyweight he faced in 6 rounds or less(Briggs, Akinwande, Golota, Grant, Vitali) . Lennox is by far the fastest of this group and would beat them all with sheer speed and power.

Foreman has the most power and a good chin. But he is slow, so I rank him 2nd

Vitali has the best chin and is the most difficult to hit, so I rank him 3rd.

Comment

Interesting concept. They all have their strengths and weaknesses so it's hard to imagine anyone going 5-0 here. Bowe took two bad beatings from the best (only) super-heavyweight he faced, Lewis and Wlad can be KO'd, Foreman can be out-boxed. I'd actually give Vitali the best chance here since he's hard to out-box or KO. Carnera would be the dark horse.

Comment

The only loss on Bowe's record was courtesy of an Emanuel Steward trained fighter. Lennox and Wlad are much bigger and more powerful than Evander and more skilled than Bowe. I cant see Wlad or Lennox losing to Bowe.

My rankings are based on each fighter on their BEST DAY. Lennox defeated every superheavyweight he faced in 6 rounds or less(Briggs, Akinwande, Golota, Grant, Vitali) . Lennox is by far the fastest of this group and would beat them all with sheer speed and power.

Foreman has the most power and a good chin. But he is slow, so I rank him 2nd

Vitali has the best chin and is the most difficult to hit, so I rank him 3rd.
                If you rate like that Zags than Bowe surely has to rank the highest. He beat the most prime version of a top all time great heavyweight when he beat Holyfield in their first fight. Showed great speed, power, inside and outside fighting. Great combination's, stamina, recuperative powers....he was the total package for that one fight, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  If you rate like that Zags than Bowe surely has to rank the highest. He beat the most prime version of a top all time great heavyweight when he beat Holyfield in their first fight. Showed great speed, power, inside and outside fighting. Great combination's, stamina, recuperative powers....he was the total package for that one fight, no?
                  Which is why I don't really go for that method of rating fighters. It does a disservice to fighters who had lots of good/great performances. It's like parachuting the Buster Douglas who beat Tyson into fights with the greats of the division. Buster never replicated that performance before or after, so on that particular night he'd be competitive but if he was meeting those guys in a tournament or over the course of his career, what chance of a good version showing up more than once?

Comment

Which 4 would advance to semi-finals?

Round 1

Vitali Klitschko vs Primo Carnera
                    Lennox Lewis vs Riddick Bowe
                    George Foreman vs Wladimir Klitschko

Round 2

Lennox Lewis vs Wladimir Klitschko
                    George Foreman vs Vitali Klitschko
                    Primo Carnera vs Riddick Bowe

Round 3

George Foreman vs Riddick Bowe
                    Lennox Lewis vs Primo Carnera
                    Vitali Klitschko vs Wladimir Klitschko

Primo Carnera6'6 260 lbs (1933 version who launched Sharkey into orbit)

Lennox Lewis 6'5 244 lbs 1997 Lennox who demolished Golota in 1 round.

George Foreman 6'4 231 lbs(1975-1977 version who beat 5 guys in one night.)

Vitali Klitschko 6'7 250 lbs (2004 version who ko'd Danny WIlliams in 8)

Wladimir Klitschko 6'6 244 lbs ( Current Wlad who beat Chambers/Peter)

Riddick Bowe 6'5 240 lbs (From Holyfield Trilogy)

Reserves
                    Jesse WIllard 6'6 260 lbs
                    Buddy Baer 6'7 243 lbs

Okay...

1:

Vitali Klitschko UD12 Primo Carnera

Riddick Bowe KO6 Lennox Lewis

George Foreman KO3 Wlad Klitschko

2:

Lennox Lewis KO7 Wlad Klitschko

George Foreman TKO4 Vitali Klitschko

Riddick Bowe TKO10 Primo Carnera

3:

George Foreman TKO4 Riddick Bowe

Lennox Lewis UD12 Primo Carnera

Wlad Klitschko UD12 Vitali Klitschko

Tally...

Champion: George Foreman (9 Pts.)

Comment

Updated Results after Wild Blue Yonda

Round 1

Vitali 3...Carnera 1
                      Bowe 3..Lennox 1
                      Foreman 3...Wlad 1

Round 2
                      Lewis 3..Wlad 1
                      Foreman 4 Vitali 0
                      Bowe 3 Carnera 1

Round 3
                      Foreman 2.... Bowe 1 ....1 draw
                      Lennox 3..... Carnera 1
                      Vitali 2...Wlad 2

One more vote before stage 1 is complete and we move on to the Semi-finals.

Comment

Working...
                      X