Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Rocky Marciano VS Prime Floyd Patterson, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Rocky Marciano VS Prime Floyd Patterson, who wins?

It is hard to decide IMO. Both around the same weight. Marciano the slugger, Patterson the boxer.

I don't think Floyd would be afraid, but I think Marciano takes it in the late rounds.

Marciano breaks him down and stops Floyd in 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
      It is hard to decide IMO. Both around the same weight. Marciano the slugger, Patterson the boxer.

I don't think Floyd would be afraid, but I think Marciano takes it in the late rounds.

When asked by school children if he could beat currant heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson, Rocky Marciano replied" I'd be bragging if I said I could, but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't".

Marciano would look like an amateur the first 4 or 5 rounds and be content to beat Floyds arms and body until he found his mark and put Patterson to sleep around the 6th. Jmo.

Comment

Marciano by decision.

Comment

Marciano gets to him sooner or later. Floyd's chin just won't hold up to Marciano's bombs. I think Floyd would build up a good lead at first though with his speed and combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
            Marciano gets to him sooner or later. Floyd's chin just won't hold up to Marciano's bombs. I think Floyd would build up a good lead at first though with his speed and combinations.

As JAB said: Patterson would make Marciano look foolish. Marciano would lunge, miss by a mile several times a round but he would land enough to wear Patterson down. He would catch up to Patterson by the championship rounds and we would have a KO for the highlight reel.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
              As JAB said: Patterson would make Marciano look foolish. Marciano would lunge, miss by a mile several times a round but he would land enough to wear Patterson down. He would catch up to Patterson by the championship rounds and we would have a KO for the highlight reel.
              That would be about it. What does amuse me is younger boxing fans saying Marciano was crude and clumsy. This isn't news we all knew that when he was fighting, very effective though

Comment

I think Marciano would win but not so easy I have seen plenty of footage of both fighters. I actually think Marciano was just a little better, even Ali admitted that Marciano would be a tougher fight for him the Frazier. I posted this video about a year ago and most of you already know this but Marciano was a vert skilled boxer, just to inform those who may not have seen him fight much. You can see at the end of the video Marciano slips a punch against Moore and a second punch he blocks with the tip of his elbow with perfect timing.

Comment

Rocky breaks Floyd. His chin won't stand up to the Suzie Q. But Floyd's handspeed and boxing make him look good for the frst few rounds, but you can't run from Marciano.

Comment

I don't see this as a blowout here. Marciano didn't have Liston's power and Patterson would be the best combination of youth, skills, power and speed that he ever faced. The post-title Patterson would have the best chance of beating Rocky. If they fight a few times I can see Floyd taking one on points. They'd all be competitive fights, like most of both men's fights were.

Comment

Working...
                    X