Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    Remember this?

Freeze frame at 27 seconds.
    I remember that. Which is what made this so awesome to watch.

Funny how the two guys who got lucky against LL also experienced their most humiliating moment against him as well. Mccall ****ting his pants like a baby and crying in his corner was also priceless.

Lennox defeated everyone he ever faced.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

Funny how the two guys who got lucky against LL also experienced their most humiliating moment against him as well. Mccall ****ting his pants like a baby and crying in his corner was also priceless.

Which he should have if he's as good as you believe. He never faced more than a C rated fighter. The two guys who knocked him out cold were journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

Lewis was crying after McCall poleaxed him

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          Who knows how good Tyson could have become if he had a few more years with Cus D'Amato, Bill Cayton, and Kevin Rooney?
          D'Amato's death is often cited as one of the main reasons behind Tyson's decline. Popular history suggests he fulfilled a "kindly father" role and steered him away from a life of crime, functioned as a role-model etc.

But if you scratch at history's surface it soon becomes apparent that all was not well in paradise. D'Amato certainly got Tyson off the streets. But instead of helping Tyson to deal with his psychological terror (the fear of bullying) he used it as a means of powering his fighter. Indeed he USED Tyson and often played on his fears to motivate him.

Tyson was a ticking time bomb and even if D'Amato had lived it wouldn't have made much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
            D'Amato's death is often cited as one of the main reasons behind Tyson's decline. Popular history suggests he fulfilled a "kindly father" role and steered him away from a life of crime, functioned as a role-model etc.

But if you scratch at history's surface it soon becomes apparent that all was not well in paradise. D'Amato certainly got Tyson off the streets. But instead of helping Tyson to deal with his psychological terror (the fear of bullying) he used it as a means of powering his fighter. Indeed he USED Tyson and often played on his fears to motivate him.

Tyson was a ticking time bomb and even if D'Amato had lived it wouldn't have made much difference.
            Must be nice to have a time machine. I'm assuming you went back in time and gave Cus an antidote that saved him and yet Tyson still declined.

Can you get me next week's lottery numbers?

Comment

Working...
            X