No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Any thoughts on the outcome of the Ortiz-Berto rematch? Although Berto won his last fight his defense was terrible and he seemed to be wide open. For this reason I think Ortiz will stop him this time. Opinions?
    I think Berto wins this pretty easily and will be used as a scapegoat for pac. I just feel like berto is in a better state mentality as he knows ortiz means business after last time and seems to be taking this dead ass seriously not talking as much ***** as ortiz. I picked ortiz the first time hut now ortiz comes off as a straight clown. I think that loss made berto a lot better mentality and gets the job done by KO.

Comment

• I might be making an appearance on espns Friday night fights soon, so keep your eyes open. I make no promises as this is a maybe, byt lets all hope.
      Last edited by DarkTerror88; 01-15-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        I migjt be maling an appearance on espns Friday night fights soon, so keep your eyes open. I make no promises as this is a maybe, byt lets all hope.
        **** Yeah! Get in there Son!!!

Thats badass, hope it works out for u man i really do!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          I migjt be maling an appearance on espns Friday night fights soon, so keep your eyes open. I make no promises as this is a maybe, byt lets all hope.

:wank::wank:

Comment

• just got a chance to see the ramos and rigondeax card

i will not be the guy to jump the gun and say rigondeaux is ready for donaire, because he is not

he's still unbelievably inconsistent
            he has no real jab (he paws it out there for range, but its not enough to carry a round)

he's basically a pure counterpuncher

i cant see any reason why a pro with donaire's level of experience and eye catching offense, who can handle the speed and counterpunching, would have issues with him at this stage

did the pundits even see his fight with cordoba? he looked lost at sea in the later half of that fight.
            do they really believe they've seen enough to build him up to the level of donaire at this stage?

nonito is a much bigger guy
            he's got more experience
            he's a massive puncher

and rigondeax would be looking for the same sort of high speed chess match that donaire thrives on\

that being said, you rarely see such a complete counterpuncher
            especially with so few pro fights.
            the guy has clearly been sparring (and getting the best of it) with some of the best in the world since he was a youngster.

and of course arum wouldnt put him in the same state as the cuban
            he's got zero to gain and wouldn't be likely to look good for the few rounds that he waits rigondeax out and takes him to deep water.

Edit : just got word that chop chop beat tito bracero (a light punching prospect who has been on showtime and espn)
            that guy is a professional
            Last edited by New England; 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Cotto vs. Mayweather, y'all ready for this? I think Cotto gets outboxed and picked apart. He's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he finds his 2007 self e have ourselves a good fight. But I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Cotto vs. Mayweather, y'all ready for this? I think Cotto gets outboxed and picked apart. He's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he finds his 2007 self e have ourselves a good fight. But I doubt it.
                This matchup was a lot more interesting before Cotto got KO'd twice. Cotto will be going the same route as Mosley, from Margarito directly to Mayweather. He'll suffer from the difference like Shane did. Still better than Pac-Cotto II though.

Comment

• Mayweather dominates Cotto.

Easy fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    This matchup was a lot more interesting before Cotto got KO'd twice. Cotto will be going the same route as Mosley, from Margarito directly to Mayweather. He'll suffer from the difference like Shane did. Still better than Pac-Cotto II though.
                    Best part about this fight, it looks like both Floyd and Pac were waiting on Cotto and Cotto not choosing Pac is great.

Unfortunately, while better than Mayweather-Alvarez, Mayweather-Cotto doesn't excite me much. The most entertaining part will likely be a lot of very funny and contradictory statements by Floyd in the build up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Mayweather dominates Cotto.

Easy fight.
                      I agree. And unfortunately Floyd will probably respect Cotto enough to box him carefully and coast to a decision. Unless Mayweather decides it is important for him to stop Cotto sooner than Manny did.

Comment

Working...
                      X