No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    boxing is the only sport where the refs crave the spotlight and try to make an imprint on the fight for that reason. i had a feeling we were in for some fun when the guy started yelling into the mic that buffer was holding for him
    Maybe it's more prevalent in boxing, but "soccer" also have a lot of attention whores reffing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Not necessarily. Baseball umpires do the same thing when they pointlessly eject players for chirping on their way back to the dugout. It's ****** and offensive as a fan.

I officiate for kids around town (best job you could possibly have if you want some quick cash btw) and anyone who tries to make it about themselves is doing it wrong. Nobody comes to watch the ref/umpire/anybody but the players/fighters.

that's a good point

umpires and managers make fools of themselves on the regular with all that jawing. it's par for the course in big league baseball, but it's hardly professional

Comment

that's a good point

umpires and managers make fools of themselves on the regular with all that jawing. it's par for the course in big league baseball, but it's hardly professional
        I love it when they argue. It's hilarious. Especially a guy like Bobby Valentine who really makes it a show. What I don't like is when a player is walking back to the dugout, says something under his breath and gets tossed. THAT is ridiculous.

Comment

• Re-Scored the Khan-Peterson fight and I had it 114-113 for Peterson.

The deductions made it very very close. The fight could easily have gone either way or been a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Re-Scored the Khan-Peterson fight and I had it 114-113 for Peterson.

The deductions made it very very close. The fight could easily have gone either way or been a draw.

lets throw some thunda
            i enjoyed everything about that fight

i wouldnt have been disappointed with a khan nod, but it felt good to see peterson get such a big win
            Last edited by New England; 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• The first round was awful. It was really weird. I watched it and was like "well, looks like I'm in for a dreadful night." It looked like a modern heavyweight fight, with a lot of clinching and pushing and weirdness. Then they got cooking and started exchanging. That was the definition of a back and forth war. One guy would get a foothold, then the other would rally, then the other guy would rally. It was such a great fight.

Comment

• I think Khan is a ****y annoying loudmouth and i love to see him lose to such a hard working high class guy like Peterson.

Body work like Peterson's left Khan dog tired at the end. Like he looked empty by the final bell. Imagine what someone who punches harder than peterson and likes the body would do to him?

Comment

• I don't know if this was brought up anywhere in the forum but I just watched a bout aired on the Dawson-Hopkins card that deserved mentioning.

A 52 year old boxer gets chance to turn pro on PPV

Bozella Versus Larry Hopkins

In a bout seen on HBO after Hopkins-Dawson (due to the short ending of the bout) videotaped earlier, 52 year old cruiserweight Dewey Bozella won a four round decision over Larry Hopkins (confusing but no relation to Bernard Hopkins) in his professional debut. Bozella served 26 years in Sing-Sing Prison for a murder he did not commit and was later exonerated of. Bernard Hopkins made Bozella's dream of realizing his first professional fight come true. Bozella got a call wishing him good luck before the bout from President Barack *****. Amazingly, Bozella was in far superior physical condition than his 30 year old foe. Hopkins was penalized a point in round four for spitting out his mouthpiece six times to avoid further punishment!

Dewey Bozella was falsely imprisoned for 26 years at Sing-Sing Prison for a 1977 murder he did not commit before being exonerated. He made his professional boxing debut at age 52. [1] Bozella was the Light Heavyweight Boxing Champion of Sing-Sing Prison.

Comment

• really big fight tomorrow, gents

big big big

with a good performance i'd have to think the winner will get the nod for fighter of the year
                    especially carl the cobra.

Comment

really big fight tomorrow, gents

big big big

with a good performance i'd have to think the winner will get the nod for fighter of the year
                      especially carl the cobra.
                      Big fight for sure. I'm just hoping it isn't too ugly to watch. Ward's style is totally unappealing to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X