History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eff you omar narvaez

he pulled a kevin johnson
    Last edited by New England; 10-22-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Narvaez was so technically sound. He gave Donaire more trouble than a ******ed rat in a cheese maze.

He never had a chance, but he should that Donaire isnt some offensive God.

An Roy Jones proved that Ex world class boxers make the best commentators.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        Narvaez was so technically sound. He gave Donaire more trouble than a ******ed rat in a cheese maze.

Roy is always so good. I actually listen when he is commentating.

No one should ever have confused Donaire for an incredible, break you down type offensive fighter. He is a boxer, who looks to capitalize on mistakes. If his opponent never opens up, like Narvaez, then he will not look his best.

This shouldn't really concern Donaire fans like myself though, he always looks his best when he's fighting his best opponents.

Comment

• More of a chance to pull an upset? James kirkland over Angulo or marquez over pac?

Kirkland and marquez are probably my favorite fighters besides cotto and I feel the same way about both fights. Everybody sees one sided beatdown ko.s but I feel both will give their opponents absolute hell but I can't say they'll win i really feel both will be hotly competitive. With anne wolfe back in his corner and angulo still coming off a layoff against good competition i feel like its a prime time for an upset.

And i still think marquezs style will be more of a factor then nanny being comfortable at 147. I don't even care about nanny Floyd anymore since both are past peak prime imo pac has lost his edge and Floyd has lost a step he looked flat against ortiz. Pac struggles with guys who can fight going backwards as he looked terrible against shane. Can't wait to see em fight and can't wait to see them put on two hell of a fights where most thought massacres.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            More of a chance to pull an upset? James kirkland over Angulo or marquez over pac?

Kirkland and marquez are probably my favorite fighters besides cotto and I feel the same way about both fights. Everybody sees one sided beatdown ko.s but I feel both will give their opponents absolute hell but I can't say they'll win i really feel both will be hotly competitive. With anne wolfe back in his corner and angulo still coming off a layoff against good competition i feel like its a prime time for an upset.

And i still think marquezs style will be more of a factor then nanny being comfortable at 147. I don't even care about nanny Floyd anymore since both are past peak prime imo pac has lost his edge and Floyd has lost a step he looked flat against ortiz. Pac struggles with guys who can fight going backwards as he looked terrible against shane. Can't wait to see em fight and can't wait to see them put on two hell of a fights where most thought massacres.
            Good question. I can see Kirkland getting KO'd in the 1st round, but would be shocked if that happened to JMM. But I still give Kirkland the much better chance for an upset. Unlike JMM, he is at his best weight and much closer to his prime. Plus Kirkland can hit hard enough to give him some kind of look in almost any matchup. Just can't see Marquez winning at welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Good question. I can see Kirkland getting KO'd in the 1st round, but would be shocked if that happened to JMM. But I still give Kirkland the much better chance for an upset. Unlike JMM, he is at his best weight and much closer to his prime. Plus Kirkland can hit hard enough to give him some kind of look in almost any matchup. Just can't see Marquez winning at welterweight.
              I wouldn't be that shocked if JMM was stopped that early.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I wouldn't be that shocked if JMM was stopped that early.
                Well considering the first time they fought Pacquiao was about a punch away from a KO in the opening round, I'd have to admit that it is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                  Narvaez was so technically sound. He gave Donaire more trouble than a ******ed rat in a cheese maze.

here's to roy staying in the booth and out of the ring

he's still got some of that charisma, too

and he clearly enjoys himself out there.

BAD is the "feel good" commentary on HBO

merchant has a tendency to bog everybody down with his negativity

Comment

• the first round was one of the best rounds i've ever seen.

going to rewatch the fight again immediately.

god bless them

angulo is going to carry that one around with him forever.

i'd love to see an eventual rematch but they both need plenty of time to heal

at least a year before angulo fights another puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      the first round was one of the best rounds i've ever seen.

going to rewatch the fight again immediately.

god bless them

angulo is going to carry that one around with him forever.

i'd love to see an eventual rematch but they both need plenty of time to heal

at least a year before angulo fights another puncher.
                      Angulo had been very inactive and his comeback was a 1st round blowout. He clearly needed some rounds before getting in there with someone with Kirkland's firepower. Angulo also needed to train for a longer fight than he did too.

The first round of this fight and the sixth round of Ortiz-Berto make for some lively round of the year candidates. A rematch works for me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X