No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    It was the one of the worse ref jobs I have seen in a very long time.
    Slipping questions like a squirmey politician at the end too instead of just saying "oops on viewing the replay i ****ed up" didnt help

Comment

• When was the last referee that appeared to be so blatantly incompetent or corrupt? Anything come to mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        When was the last referee that appeared to be so blatantly incompetent or corrupt? Anything come to mind?
        There have been Shocking calls and Terrible Blunders but nothing as Consistently bad as this springs to mind, it wreaks of corruption....

Comment

• There needs to be a rematch. Plain and simple. And keep the promoters the **** away from the referees/judges.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...urnament-final
          Last edited by BigStereotype; 08-14-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• there were so many low blows in that fight I was pissing blood

i'm glad agbeko's got kids already

i hope they paid him well for that.

mares goes low consistently

if agbeko had stuck with the jab he would have won that fight in my opinion, even with the horrible refereeing. mares couldn't do anything when abkego was working everything off of that jab. you could see who was busted up by the end of the fight

agbeko looked a bit slow and stiff early
            i hope his back problems aren't going to hurt his career

most of the clean blows mares landed were on the belt and many of them were much lower
            blatant lowblows

i'm not saying mares necessarily went there intentionally (though you gotta question his accuracy if he was missing his target low so often)
            i'm saying he was fouling regardless of his inanition to the point where most referees would have either implemented a deduction of points to where he stopped throwing low blows

or handed him a dq
            i truly feel an honest referee would have disqualified mares

he would have warned him seriously in the very first round
            given his final warning in the second or perhaps the third at the latest (rewatching the first half of the fight i counted five clean low blows in the first two rounds)

and then the point deductions would have came steadily leading into the 8th or ninth, where he'd likely be disqualified

any ref worth a damn would have disqualified him for that final low blow after seeing his track record over the course of the fight
            it was as blatant a low blow as you can throw, at the very end of a fight, and it followed at least 15 that preceded it.

darchinyan did pull mares head down to a certain degree (the degree that a much smaller man can pull a guys head down,) but i think it's fair to say at this point that mares should at least have his reputation as a clean fighter looked at seriously.

the ref and mares should both be feeling shame

and it's sad, because mares acts like a good kid who appreciates and deserves a world title.

on another note, i wasn't scoring the fight or counting low blows while watching it (who counts low blows while watching a live fight anyway ^^ )

but i remember clearly recognizing that the fight was going to go the distance because of agbekos lack of willingness to push his advantage when he was hurting mares, and because mares had worn down too much to hurt agbeko

and counting the rounds including 8 and onward all for agbeko, mostly on that jab

if agbeko shows up in perez 2 form, he'll dog mares in the rematch
            he's too easy to hit with the jab

and if mares gets a fight with donaire he's getting knocked out brutally in four or five rounds max

donaire is lightyears beyond him in skills, talent and of course..
            brutal punching power. he's the best hitter p4p in the sport now and nobody comes close. and mares, well he's easy to hit
            Last edited by New England; 08-14-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              there were so many low blows in that fight I was pissing blood

i'm glad agbeko's got kids already

i hope they paid him well for that.

mares goes low consistently

if agbeko had stuck with the jab he would have won that fight in my opinion. mares couldn't do anything when abkego was working everything off of that jab. you could see who was busted up by the end of the fight

most of the clean blows mares landed were on the belt and many of them were much lower
              blatant lowblows

i'm not saying mares necessarily went there intentionally (though you gotta question his accuracy if he was missing his target low so often)
              i'm saying he was fouling regardless of his inanition to the point where most referees would have either implemented a deduction of points to where he stopped throwing low blows

or handed him a dq
              i truly feel an honest referee would have disqualified mares

he would have warned him seriously in the very first round
              given his final warning in the second or perhaps the third at the latest (rewatching the first half of the fight i counted five clean low blows in the first two rounds)

and then the point deductions would have came steadily leading into the 8th or ninth, where he'd likely be disqualified

any ref worth a damn would have disqualified him for that final low blow after seeing his track record over the course of the fight
              it was as blatant a low blow as you can throw, at the very end of a fight, and it followed at least 15 that preceded it.

darchinyan did pull mares head down to a certain degree (the degree that a much smaller man can pull a guys head down,) but i think it's fair to say at this point that mares should at least have his reputation as a clean fighter looked at seriously.

the ref and mares should both be feeling shame

and it's sad, because mares acts like a good kid who appreciates and deserves a world title.

on another note, i wasn't scoring the fight or counting low blows while watching it (who counts low blows while watching a live fight anyway ^^ )

but i remember clearly recognizing that the fight was going to go the distance because of agbekos lack of willingness to push his advantage when he was hurting mares, and because mares had worn down too much to hurt agbeko

and counting the rounds including 8 and onward all for agbeko, mostly on that jab

if agbeko shows up in perez 2 form, he'll dog mares in the rematch
              he's too easy to hit with the jab

and if mares gets a fight with donaire he's getting knocked out brutally in four or five rounds max

donaire is lightyears beyond him in skills, talent and of course..
              brutal punching power. he's the best hitter p4p in the sport now and nobody comes close. and mares, well he's easy to hit
              I dont know if Mares went low on purpose or not but he needs to be watched carefully from now on...

I question him being DQ'd tho, if the ref had done his job properly he'd have deducted a point early and put Mares in his place. If Mares thought he was gonna get thrown out im sure he'd have stopped (even if it ment easing off on the body work)

As it stands the result was correct, Mares wanted it more (Kong didnt even push it when that Huge right rocked Abner) and fought the better fight, low blows aside but hey if the ref lets him get away with it he will...

Kong deserves a rematch tho as the question of whether or not Agbeko would have came on down the stretch and who knows even stopped Mares with one of those rights if he hadnt had his tank drained by the low shots...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England
                what an awful writer that guy is

everything i've ever seen on the bleacher report has been c grade at best

not saying it's all c grade
                just saying that the little bit i've seen from the bleacher report has been print fit to line the bottom of a birdcage
                That's rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England
                  what an awful writer that guy is

everything i've ever seen on the bleacher report has been c grade at best

not saying it's all c grade
                  just saying that the little bit i've seen from the bleacher report has been print fit to line the bottom of a birdcage
                  I always find Bleacher report to be increibley poor.

They rank Rocky Marciano higher than James Toney defensivley, for example.

And don't have Whitaker-Ramirez in their top 50 robberies.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I always find Bleacher report to be increibley poor.

They rank Rocky Marciano higher than James Toney defensivley, for example.

And don't have Whitaker-Ramirez in their top 50 robberies.
                    The application process isn't very stringent. You sned them an email with an example of your writing and they decide if they want to hire you. So any old schlub could come out and write whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I dont know if Mares went low on purpose or not but he needs to be watched carefully from now on...

I question him being DQ'd tho, if the ref had done his job properly he'd have deducted a point early and put Mares in his place. If Mares thought he was gonna get thrown out im sure he'd have stopped (even if it ment easing off on the body work)

As it stands the result was correct, Mares wanted it more (Kong didnt even push it when that Huge right rocked Abner) and fought the better fight, low blows aside but hey if the ref lets him get away with it he will...

Kong deserves a rematch tho as the question of whether or not Agbeko would have came on down the stretch and who knows even stopped Mares with one of those rights if he hadnt had his tank drained by the low shots...
                      I vote for Mills Lane to referee the rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X