No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    I didn't catch it, is it worth watching?
    Yes it is. Both the Showtime and HBO main events were very good competitive action fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      I didn't catch it, is it worth watching?

It seemed like Zbik won the first half of the fight and JCC Jr won the 2nd half. A draw would have been fair enough, but that wasn't going to happen in Los Angeles anymore than Junior would have won in Germany.

Comment

• I have no idea how that bout was a title bout. Perhaps a reflection of the what the sanctioning bodies and champions have become today. No more does a fighter need to work his way up the ranks of test himself against contenders.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather Jr has just confirmed his return to the sport of boxing, he takes on Victor Ortiz for the WBC Welterweight Title on Sep 17th.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Slam View Post
            Floyd Mayweather Jr has just confirmed his return to the sport of boxing, he takes on Victor Ortiz for the WBC Welterweight Title on Sep 17th.

Thoughts?
            Thoughts? YEAH BOI!!!

Always good to see the best in action and against a young live opponent too

Comment

• Elated that Mayweather-Ortiz is happening.

I had a feeling it might but thought it wouldn't.

Great warm up for Pac.

Comment

• Gotta say Mayweather is the favourite as he is, or should be over EVERYONE under middleweight,,, BUT Ortiz is a live opponent who will come to win and full of confidence after the biggest win of his career in his title winning bout with Berto and he has as much of a chance at beating Floyd as anyone else not called Pacquaio. Problem is it wont be enough.

Shame really in a way, that Ortiz will lose, as he has Superstar written all over him and he could be HUGE for boxing.

Then again a win and he goes MEGASTAR! And if Mayweather wins (he will) it keeps PBF vs Pac alive....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Gotta say Mayweather is the favourite as he is, or should be over EVERYONE under middleweight,,, BUT Ortiz is a live opponent who will come to win and full of confidence after the biggest win of his career in his title winning bout with Berto and he has as much of a chance at beating Floyd as anyone else not called Pacquaio. Problem is it wont be enough.

Shame really in a way, that Ortiz will lose, as he has Superstar written all over him and he could be HUGE for boxing.

Then again a win and he goes MEGASTAR! And if Mayweather wins (he will) it keeps PBF vs Pac alive....
                  Ortiz being a young, strong, powerful southpaw will get him ready for Pac.

Ortiz lack of a jab will kill him.

Ortiz has no chance of beating Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Ortiz being a young, strong, powerful southpaw will get him ready for Pac.

Ortiz lack of a jab will kill him.

Ortiz has no chance of beating Floyd Mayweather.
                    Mayweather is wasting him for sure but Ortiz can punch and has as good a chance as anyone else in the division (which isnt much)

Yeah Victor is ideal Pac prep. Better than JMM as Floyd prep too, alot better

I agree a good jab is massive against Floyd and Ortiz tends to neglect his

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Mayweather is wasting him for sure but Ortiz can punch and has as good a chance as anyone else in the division (which isnt much)

Yeah Victor is ideal Pac prep. Better than JMM as Floyd prep too, alot better

I agree a good jab is massive against Floyd and Ortiz tends to neglect his
                      Tends? The guy completely neglects it

He has lots of flaws and Mayweather will have an easy night with him but it's still a legit fight Vs a title holder and highest ranked fighter in his division who doesn't have a fight signed so I can't wait.

Hopefully we get Pac Vs Mayweather next year but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                      X