• Show
Clear All

• Wo now that's history

Comment

• That's a real champion

Comment

• Fighting is half the battle

Comment

• Conyer vs Molina. Found this trailer for the fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1OH...e_gdata_player

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
            Of all the major upsets this year, Lemieux, Lopez, Berto and Kirkland, which do you think was the biggest?
            Probably the Kirkland fight since his opponent was totally obscure and handpicked to be a setup for a bigger fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Probably the Kirkland fight since his opponent was totally obscure and handpicked to be a setup for a bigger fight.
              Really? I was surprised but not that surprised. Kirkland was a KO waiting to happen, i said those exact words to my missus seconds before he took that first count. Sure i thought he'd smash the guy but he is so so so flawed and reckless without the chin to compensate. Not a huge shock to me.

Juanma was a surprise but i did feel he was gonna get stopped soon too, just not by Salido.

Ortiz was no gimmie for Berto, i knew he'd be a handfull but man he was awesome! Not a total shock tho.

Lemieux was the biggest shock for me, i thought this kid had the goods and was headed for superstardom. This was just the type of fight he needed but he needed to fucckin win it! Hope the boy can come back from that and be more than just an exciting puncher who never really amounts to much

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Really? I was surprised but not that surprised. Kirkland was a KO waiting to happen, i said those exact words to my missus seconds before he took that first count. Sure i thought he'd smash the guy but he is so so so flawed and reckless without the chin to compensate. Not a huge shock to me.

Juanma was a surprise but i did feel he was gonna get stopped soon too, just not by Salido.

Ortiz was no gimmie for Berto, i knew he'd be a handfull but man he was awesome! Not a total shock tho.

Lemieux was the biggest shock for me, i thought this kid had the goods and was headed for superstardom. This was just the type of fight he needed but he needed to fucckin win it! Hope the boy can come back from that and be more than just an exciting puncher who never really amounts to much
                The odds were considerably higher on the Kirkland fight. Personally, I was more shocked by the Lemieux fight because (it turns out) I overrated him. Kirkland did look like a KO waiting to happen, but c'mon, he was fighting a 35 y/o with 7 KO's! Rubio isn't anything special, but he was a known quality after having been in with several contenders. And you couldn't really say that about Lemieux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  The odds were considerably higher on the Kirkland fight. Personally, I was more shocked by the Lemieux fight because (it turns out) I overrated him. Kirkland did look like a KO waiting to happen, but c'mon, he was fighting a 35 y/o with 7 KO's! Rubio isn't anything special, but he was a known quality after having been in with several contenders. And you couldn't really say that about Lemieux.
                  Id never heard of the guy Kirkland was fighting and didnt know anything about him but i knew James had a dodgy chin and was wide open to be hit.

Rubio i knew, but thats the reason i was so confident in Lemieux. Rubio never impressed me to be honest. Lemieux tho had Really impressed me even tho he was unproven, i over rated the kid i think, got ****** in by the KO Power. It just goes to show that quick blowouts dont learn a young fighter enough sometimes for when they step up. Still i thought this was a safe step up for DL, gutted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Id never heard of the guy Kirkland was fighting and didnt know anything about him but i knew James had a dodgy chin and was wide open to be hit.

Rubio i knew, but thats the reason i was so confident in Lemieux. Rubio never impressed me to be honest. Lemieux tho had Really impressed me even tho he was unproven, i over rated the kid i think, got ****** in by the KO Power. It just goes to show that quick blowouts dont learn a young fighter enough sometimes for when they step up. Still i thought this was a safe step up for DL, gutted.
                    We're pretty much in agreement on all of this.

Comment

• This fight is going to be interesting because mosely is the only guy in the WW JMW and JWW divisions i give a chance of KOing pac man

Comment

Working...
                      X