Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB poll for Floyd vs Golovkin at 154...

Gennady by KO/TKO
    Dolor, Eric Holder, Freedom., raskat, RichCCFC
    5 41.67%
    Gennady by decision
    jazluvr
    1 8.33%
    Floyd by KO/TKO 0 0%
    Floyd by decision
    Barnburner, DLT, jayjames616, JoeWbbmest311, Picazo
    5 41.67%
    Evenly matched, difficult to pre****
    nachorjj
    1 8.33%
    Voters: 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      people saying golovkin vs mayweather is a 50/50 fight...

think about what will happen dude...
      one guy is a middleweight with punching power and a chin the other guy is a small framed WW.. there's a huge gap in size.

floyd has one shot :
      points. box clean as hell for 12 rounds on 35 year old legs and put on a masterclass. he was on the ropes against miguel cotto... what's it going to look like when he's in there with golovkin?

he's not going to hurt golovkin and he's not going to be able to take his punches.

i have not seen enough from golovkin to know that he can win a boxing match against a bonafide great like floyd mayweather, but i've certainly seen enough to know that he's probably the planet's best MW and that he'd be competitive with an aging mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        think about what will happen dude...
        one guy is a middleweight with punching power and a chin the other guy is a small framed WW.. there's a huge gap in size.

floyd has one shot :
        points. box clean as hell for 12 rounds on 35 year old legs and put on a masterclass. he was on the ropes against miguel cotto... what's it going to look like when he's in there with golovkin?

he's not going to hurt golovkin and he's not going to be able to take his punches.

i have not seen enough from golovkin to know that he can win a boxing match against a bonafide great like floyd mayweather, but i've certainly seen enough to know that he's probably the planet's best MW and that he'd be competitive with an aging mayweather.
        at 154????????????????????????????

Yeah Golovkin looks good but people are jumping to conclusions that are not warranted at this stage.

Comment

• Golovkin by stoppage has now taken over 50% of the poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            He was fighting evenly with a washed-up Ouma and beat up a fighter who had already been beaten by a bum - I believe you referred to Proksa as **** yesterday or the day before. He is so easy to hit, nothing impressive about this guy apart from his power and a seemingly strong chin.

who is going to "expose" him, man?

proksa is not a terrific fighter, but he was a legit top 5-10 middleweight. he's in the class with the rest of them. golovkin is a step above them.

geale?
            quillin?
            njikam?

is that the middleweight shark tank against whom golovkin will be exposed?

the two best MW on the planet are fighting on the 15th, and i'd pick golovkin to beat both of them. martinez is aging and struggles with the class well below golovkin, and JR is a cruiserweight punching bag by comparison.

this guy is not some one trick pony. the shots that were hitting him stopped hitting him after a round or two. he started to slip and catch them. proksa's hands are probably slower than quillin and martinez, but they're faster than everybody else in the division.

he wont be the second coming of alfredo angulo if that's what you're proposing.

the great part about boxing is that we'll get a chance to see who was right about this guy
            me, who thinks he's the real deal
            or you, who think he'll be exposed by a very mediocre division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              at 154????????????????????????????

Yeah Golovkin looks good but people are jumping to conclusions that are not warranted at this stage.
              i dont care to speculate about a fight at 154. if golovkin cant make the weight healthy that will obviously be a determining factor.

at 160 i dont think floyd would beat him. he wouldnt put a dent in that chin. like i said, he'd need to box the perfect fight for 12 rounds, which at 35 years old i dont think he can do.

there's no way on gods green earth floyd mayweather fights the kid anyway, at 154, 47, 106, 2000, or wherever.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                who is going to "expose" him, man?

proksa is not a terrific fighter, but he was a legit top 5-10 middleweight. he's in the class with the rest of them. golovkin is a step above them.
                Sorry Proksa has never been a good fighter, he has struggled with crappy opposition and already lost to Kerry friggin Hope, should we all put Hope on a ridiculous pedestal now? Martinez, Chavez or Quillin would've beat the absolute **** out of Proksa. Also I like how Proksa is now 'not a terrific fighter', again, you described him as being **** the other day.

geale?
                quillin?
                njikam?

is that the middleweight shark tank against whom golovkin will be exposed?
                It doesn't have to be a current MW fighter, but Golovkin certainly hasn't proven to be a superior fighter to Quillin.

the two best MW on the planet are fighting on the 15th, and i'd pick golovkin to beat both of them. martinez is aging and struggles with the class well below golovkin, and JR is a cruiserweight punching bag by comparison.
                What exactly was Golovkin doing against Ouma then, you can say whatever you want about Martinez struggling but he hasn't looked like that against a washed up fighter like Ouma. Also the Ouma fight shows how overrated Golovkins power is, an absolutely washed up Ouma took his punches extremely well and finished on his feet.

this guy is not some one trick pony. the shots that were hitting him stopped hitting him after a round or two. he started to slip and catch them. proksa's hands are probably slower than quillin and martinez, but they're faster than everybody else in the division.
                He is definitely a one trick pony as shown in the Ouma fight, Proksa was still landing a lot his punches.

he wont be the second coming of alfredo angulo if that's what you're proposing.
                Probably not but he won't be a huge deal better.

the great part about boxing is that we'll get a chance to see who was right about this guy
                me, who thinks he's the real deal
                or you, who think he'll be exposed by a very mediocre division.
                No I don't think it neccesarily has to be someone in the middleweight ranks, it could be someone moving up from 154 or he can go down or whatever, I definitely see Martinez beating him and I'd bet on Quillin currently. Maybe he moves up to 168 where a whole host of fighters would beat the **** out of him, I don't know but as soon as he runs into a competent boxer he will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Sorry Proksa has never been a good fighter, he has struggled with crappy opposition and already lost to Kerry friggin Hope, should we all put Hope on a ridiculous pedestal now? Martinez, Chavez or Quillin would've beat the absolute **** out of Proksa. Also I like how Proksa is now 'not a terrific fighter', again, you described him as being **** the other day.

It doesn't have to be a current MW fighter, but Golovkin certainly hasn't proven to be a superior fighter to Quillin.

What exactly was Golovkin doing against Ouma then, you can say whatever you want about Martinez struggling but he hasn't looked like that against a washed up fighter like Ouma. Also the Ouma fight shows how overrated Golovkins power is, an absolutely washed up Ouma took his punches extremely well and finished on his feet.

He is definitely a one trick pony as shown in the Ouma fight, Proksa was still landing a lot his punches.

Probably not but he won't be a huge deal better.

No I don't think it neccesarily has to be someone in the middleweight ranks, it could be someone moving up from 154 or he can go down or whatever, I definitely see Martinez beating him and I'd bet on Quillin currently. Maybe he moves up to 168 where a whole host of fighters would beat the **** out of him, I don't know but as soon as he runs into a competent boxer he will lose.

ouma hadn't been stopped in almost 15 years and he spent half a week in the hospital after the golovkin fight, man. you can die from a beating like that. on my stream i got the impression that golovkin was trying to go rounds early on. ouma also puts his gloves on most of the guys he fights. he's a southpaw who throws a lot without putting hardly anything on his shots. those guys land on the way in and on the way out.

who is going to come up from 154 to beat gennady golovkin?
                  austin trout?
                  miguel cotto (a WW)
                  canelo alvarez? (they sparred, golovkin got the better of it according to ring ****zine's writers.)
                  floyd mayweather (another WW)
                  king carlos (another WW)
                  jim kirkland (a complete idiot with no chin [ who probably won't fight for at least a year anyway])
                  erislandy lara (had issues with hernandez, molina)

like i said man, i'll be here for the duration of golovkin's career and i'll wait on these guys to expose him. we'll find out who is right about this kid and who is wrong, and i'm quite confident on this one.

Comment

• He can PUNCH!! The other guys Can't!!!!! That always gives you a really chance. I believe Mayweather has NOTHING to do with this guy. Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      He can PUNCH!! The other guys Can't!!!!! That always gives you a really chance. I believe Mayweather has NOTHING to do with this guy. Ray.

he's also got a very deep amateur background, ray, but you're right. what separates him from the pack is his punching power. that's what i believe is going to make him a star. he's the hardest hitting middleweight i've seen since kelly pavlik. unlike pavlik, though, he's not some brute.

he won silver in '04. he was the amateur world champion in '03. he knocked bute the hell out in the amateurs. he's got a win over andre dirrell. he's been at this for a long time. he beat andy lee, matt korobov, despaigne twice. real deal amateur wins.

i just wish he wasn't friggin 30, man. he could go so far in this game. the world needs punchers. i am sick of seeing fights between elite fighters almost always going 12 rounds, and i know i'm not alone.

i've been wathcing this kid for a long time. a long time. he looks great in the gym, ray. you can see how long he's been fighting and what a technician he is when he's sparring. his feet dig into the canvas and these huge punches spring out of that little body. he hits like a big man.

floyd is so damn skilled that i do think he'd be in the fight with golovkin, but eventually rolling/blocking and catching those shots to the body and head would get him into trouble. think mayweather and cotto. these guys are talking about 154, and i dont see that as a possiblity. golovkin is boiled down already. and of course there wont be any leverage for golovkin in negotiations against the planet's highest paid athlete, so i dont think the fight would ever happen.

those two arent even close to the same size. floyd is a small WW.
                      Last edited by New England; 09-02-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X