History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught the fight

bute caught some right hands

he cant get out of the way of a right hand if his opponent is close enough. froch whipped that ass. will watch it again tomorrow more than likely.

i am soused and need to go to bed.

Comment

• God, I really don't want to like Froch, but I'm with Dan. After years of not liking the dude for just looking terrible in the ring and being really cocky about it, he's finally won me over. That was a hell of a performance. He just annihilated Bute.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        God, I really don't want to like Froch, but I'm with Dan. After years of not liking the dude for just looking terrible in the ring and being really cocky about it, he's finally won me over. That was a hell of a performance. He just annihilated Bute.

bute's also just not that good

any decent ref would have counted him out against andrade

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Like I've said already, some love him, some hate him, EVERYONE respects him.

I've hated Carl Froch pretty much his whole career. He was ****y to an overwhelming level before he'd ever had a World Title fight and it rubbed me the wrong way. That, along with his amatuerish, clumsy style and lack of skills to add to it.

Gave him no chance to beat Taylor. Then gave him no chance to make it out of the first few rounds of the Super Six.

He fought Taylor in 08 If I remember correctly. Could have been 09. Either way, it was a long time ago. And except Johnson, I've picked him to lose everyone of those fights and he's gone ahead and won almost all of them. Being the underdog in 4 of those fights, winning 3. He may have been the underdog with Kessler aswell, I can't remember.

It's just an amazing story, I don't think I've ever seen such a level of overachieving. Crazy level.

I think it's becoming a classic case of "A fighter you used to hate, who you ended up liking" Froch, after proving me wrong over and over and over is starting to grow on me.

He absolutely destroyed Bute, destroyed.

Still can't believe how much of a short, one sided, beatdown it was.

Nobody saw that coming. Nobody. I saw a couple of picks for Froch by KO, but they said by late stoppage in a close fight.

Comment

• Just watched the fight for the third time and I STILL can't find anything positive in it for Bute......that was as one-sided a mismatch in a "big" fight as I've seen in a while.

Poet

Comment

• There were a few of us claiming Froch was going to win this. The level of opposition was so high in the Showtime tourney, a level Bute has yet to see.
              I tried sending out pm's before the fight trying to get some bets but was too late. Definitely defines who is where in the super middleweight division. Shame we can't see everybody fight everybody else in other divisions as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Just watched the fight for the third time and I STILL can't find anything positive in it for Bute......that was as one-sided a mismatch in a "big" fight as I've seen in a while.

Poet
                Bute gets an immediate rematch in Montreal. If he wants it. I'd recommend that he takes it. It will still make big money and I can't see any other way that Bute could redeem his reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Bute gets an immediate rematch in Montreal. If he wants it. I'd recommend that he takes it. It will still make big money and I can't see any other way that Bute could redeem his reputation.
                  After this beatdown, though, would there be any point to it?

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    After this beatdown, though, would there be any point to it?

Poet
                    I agree, if Bute can get anything back, it wouldn't be by taking another beating. I think the rematch clause is more in case you lose a close decision or suffer an injury in the bout. But after this ko loss a rest followed by a few easier fights to get confidence back can save a career.

Comment

• Bute-Froch: More proof boxing is much more than athleticism and skill. Froch is a throwback type of fighter. Not the most ascetically pleasing to watch, but his heart and determination far outweighed Butes skills and power. The guys is one of my favorite fighters today.

Oh, and I picked against him.

Comment

Working...
                      X