No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach ''Ruben Olivares Is The Greatest Mexican Fighter Of All Time''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    I got a reason, Chavez didn't die when he was 23 and has more then 3-4 good wins
    Sanchez was by FAR a better fighter than the Culiacan Crybaby. This nuthugger of Chavez is as bad as the Brits jacking it over Calzaghe.

Poet

Comment

It's too bad Lopez's resume, while not as bad as some make out, isn't deeper, because I think he was the most gifted & brilliant Mexican fighter ever to have lived.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Sanchez was by FAR a better fighter than the Culiacan Crybaby. This nuthugger of Chavez is as bad as the Brits jacking it over Calzaghe.

Poet

lmao you're delusional its really sad actually

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          lmao you're delusional its really sad actually
          Considering the responses you've gotten in this thread I think it's fair to say the only person being delusional is you :geek9:

Poet

Comment

Considering the responses you've gotten in this thread I think it's fair to say the only person being delusional is you :geek9:

Poet

lol

Comment

Poet
              I gotta roll with SC on this, JCC has the more impressive wins and longevity. Had Sanchez lived.....who knows?

Comment

I think the four greatest are Chavez, Sanchez, Lopez, and Olivares. I don't think anyone can be faulted for making a case for any of them. If Marquez does get a 4th title at 140 he will get some consideration for being on that short list.

Juan Laporte who fought both Chavez and Sanchez said "that Salvador was better and was more skillfull." Barrera also thinks that Salvador was better than Chavez. Laporte i felt could have gotten a draw in the Chavez fight with the point deduction, and even Ted Sares thought Laporte won, and Bob Sheridian who did the fight scored it a draw. Sanchez clearly beat Laporte by three points or more, although it was close early on. Ruben Castillo had a verly close fight with Sanchez(closer than the actual scorecards), while Chavez knocked him out as Arguello did.

Many people make an issue about how good Sanchez would have been at the higher weights? My question to them who is better Sanchez or Wilfredo Gomez? If Gomez can be a three weight class champion than i have little doubt that Sanchez could have done the same; especially with the four paper title system of today.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                  I think the four greatest are Chavez, Sanchez, Lopez, and Olivares.
                  I'd drop Chavez and Lopez and add Barrera and Morales.

Poet

Comment

I can't see JC losing to guys like Junior Jones twice or Zahir Raheem. I think even Barrera & Morales would concede that they are better than JC, and I am a much bigger Terrible fan than Chavez fan.

Comment

Chavez's longevity is absolutely astonishing, & even though he failed to find a true A+ rival, he fought & bested many outstanding fighters, all the while racking up that brilliant undefeated streak. Barrera couldn't match him for consistency (be it winning, or performing at the highest level consecutively), & Morales doesn't quite have the ring record in the end.

I think Chavez has a strong case for #1 in Mexico's history, but he's over-rated in the sense that far too many have him there, when the debate is a lot more open than it is sometimes presented as being.

Comment

Working...
                      X