Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking Manny Pacquiao Higher Than Willie Pep, Can It Be Justfied?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking Manny Pacquiao Higher Than Willie Pep, Can It Be Justfied?

???
    ???
    ???

No.

Can we keep Pacquaio and Floyd out of this section in the future before it gets infested with fuckwits.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      No.

Can we keep Pacquaio and Floyd out of this section in the future before it gets infested with fuckwits.
      Haha Bolos threads are usually interesting but this one is a bit silly.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        No.

co-sign

let's leave this to NSB

Comment

No, not even close.

Comment

No, just no

Comment

I am so tired of hearing about Manny Pacquiao being compared to greats, and being talked about in the same breath as greats that it's starting to make me despise him as a fighter. Don't get me wrong, he's a good fighter, but since when did setting records for titles in the most weight classes define greatness?

Whatever happened to fighting the best fighters and clearing out and holding down a division? To me, he could win titles in 12 different weight classes, but as long as he's fighting mediocre opposition, it doesn't mean anything to me, and does nothing for his legacy as far as greatness is concerned. Yeah, it's a stat, but really, if you're beating guys like Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto for these belts, what does it really mean?

He has not fought the best that a division has to offer since he left the 130 pound division, and even in that division I believe he lost to JMM both times, and it was clear to me that Barrera and Morales were past it when he fought them.

Facts are facts - he has not fought the best that any division has to offer since 130. All these vacated titles that he's fighting for at catchweights, in my opinion, are hurting his legacy. Once this hype wears off, I think history will remember him exactly as I have stated above.

How will we know how great a guy is when he's fighting guys like David Diaz, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, and now Margarito OUT OF THEIR PRIMES and at the tail end of their careers?

Comment

Working...
              X