Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Young vs Wladmir Klitschko who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    The Foreman fight was no fluke, it was close and contentious. I wouldn't argue with anyone saying Foreman shaded it. But Jimmy was there for the distance, he caught hell.

Foreman hit him with everything, he let loose with dozens of punches in round seven, more punches than Wlad appears to let loose in three or four rounds.

As for power, Jimmy wouldn't go for a knockout. His advantages are pacing and technique. I think both are better than Wlad's.
    So you really don't think that Foreman lost because he gassed out? The round seven you speak of emptied George's tank. That was sure the impression I got from watching that fight. More of a case of George losing rather than Young winning. Wlad's more deliberate style would serve him well here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      So you really don't think that Foreman lost because he gassed out? The round seven you speak of emptied George's tank. That was sure the impression I got from watching that fight. More of a case of George losing rather than Young winning. Wlad's more deliberate style would serve him well here.

Dont get me wrong, Foreman is a genuine top ten ATG heavyweight and Young is a fair way off. I dont think Young wins every matchup with Foreman at all.......and yes I do agree that George gassed out a bit.

But I'm not convinced that 70s Foreman was ever a true 12 or 15 round fighter, any solid chinned fighter who could get throught the first half of a fight with Foreman had a fair shot at a decision win.........and that night it was Young.

The reason I brought up the Foreman fight was because it truely demonstrates that Young had an excellent ability to absorb punishment and was a genuine distance fighter who could finish strong.

Naturally the Lyle and Norton fights demonstrate this also, but I think many might think this is a potential wipeout from Wlad (not necessarily your own opinion of course) due to his size advantage and fair one punch hitting power, but I do think that we are looking at a distance fight. One that is very winnable for Young.

Comment

Young was a difficult opponent, but Wlad wins a decision.

Comment

Working...
        X