Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Young vs Wladmir Klitschko who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Young vs Wladmir Klitschko who wins?

Jimmy Young vs Wladmir Klitschko who wins? am going with jmmy in this one, i think his style gives wladmir fits, plus he had a great chin and great ring smarts. Plus klitschko power and strength would not faze jimmy he shared a ring with shavers, ron lyle, cooney and foreman.

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    Jimmy Young vs Wladmir Klitschko who wins? am going with jmmy in this one, i think his style gives wladmir fits, plus he had a great chin and great ring smarts. Plus klitschko power and strength would not faze jimmy he shared a ring with shavers, ron lyle, cooney and foreman.
    Young had absolutely nothing to back Wladimir off. It would look like his fights with Byrd. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Young had absolutely nothing to back Wladimir off. It would look like his fights with Byrd. Not even close.
      jimmy young is 3 times the fighter chris bryd is, he would give wladmir fits

Comment

I've got Jimmy too, by decision.

When you watch how much punishment he took from Foreman in round seven of their fight....to come back strong to steal a close decision, you really do realise that there is very little chance that Wlad is getting him out of there.

Jimmy had a great chin and enough defensive smarts. Plus he had good distance stamina, speed and technique.

Its by no means a shutout but I think Young wins this matchup.

Comment

If Young hadn't actually fought Foreman we could be saying the same about his chances to back him off either.

Young was best on the back foot as a defensive technician, he would have fought a similar fight against Wlad, probably successfully too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            If Young hadn't actually fought Foreman we could be saying the same about his chances to back him off either.

Young was best on the back foot as a defensive technician, he would have fought a similar fight against Wlad, probably successfully too.
            The Foreman fight was a fluke. George was burnt out and had major pacing problems. And he was kicking Youngs ass for the first half of their fight. But George wilted in the Puerto Rican sun and Young got by far his biggest win. After the fight George had a total meltdown in the locker room and went into a religious frenzy for 10 years. Wladimir is a better boxer than Foreman and nobody with Jimmy Young power has a chance to beat him anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              jimmy young is 3 times the fighter chris bryd is, he would give wladmir fits
              No, he wasn't. Why does everyone have such rosy nostalgia about the 1970's? The worst thing Young could do to Wladimir is make him look somewhat bad. His offensive output wouldn't even be close.
              Last edited by Scott9945; 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I think youngs toughness and ring smarts earn him a close decision

Comment

The Foreman fight was a fluke. George was burnt out and had major pacing problems. And he was kicking Youngs ass for the first half of their fight. But George wilted in the Puerto Rican sun and Young got by far his biggest win. After the fight George had a total meltdown in the locker room and went into a religious frenzy for 10 years. Wladimir is a better boxer than Foreman and nobody with Jimmy Young power has a chance to beat him anytime soon.

The Foreman fight was no fluke, it was close and contentious. I wouldn't argue with anyone saying Foreman shaded it. But Jimmy was there for the distance, he caught hell.

Foreman hit him with everything, he let loose with dozens of punches in round seven, more punches than Wlad appears to let loose in three or four rounds.

As for power, Jimmy wouldn't go for a knockout. His advantages are pacing and technique. I think both are better than Wlad's.

Comment

I got Wlad by decision.

Jimmy may be able to get a few rounds early because of his awkward style but that's it. I like Jimmy but imo he's not winning this at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X