No announcement yet.

What size is best at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Cassius Clay... was the perfect speciman, any taller or heavier then becomes a disadvantage
    I agree Ali is the most perfect heavyweight boxer this world has ever produced. The roulette wheel of life is going to stop on men his size more often then not in heavyweight boxing.
    Last edited by Holtol; 10-27-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

SugarJ.. i agree with you buddy, Riddick Bowe is a complete exception to the rules. Evander Holyfield said Bowe was the most skilled Big Man of all times and i believe him, yet i feel that Foreman was a tad too big (1inch) and that inch made him sometimes look clumsy. The Klitschko brothers as well as Lennox Lewis was lumbering behemoths who had terrible footwork and was clumsy as a giraffe, their size is a disadvantage to them and i am strongly of the opinion that all 3 use anabolic steroids.

Cheers fella,

It would be a crying shame if Lewis, or either Klitschko used anabolic steroids. I'd like to think that they have never partaken in them.........

I hate steriod use, blood doping, HGH, abuse of testosterone.......you name it!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        i dont average a very fast time but at like 6 mph i can do 10 miles and easily walk back 10 miles at like 4 mph.

give me a month to train i could do the 20 at 6.

plus i have asthma and anything out side my comfort zone like say 7.5 8 mph? for 10 mins straight would have me around 13 14.

not much heavier maybe 20 lbs at most a few times, don't really notice a difference i dont fight....dont really have health insurance so id rather avoid that till i get better benifits....and when i spar i dont really ever go on the attack more working my defense and retreating. i just dont notice a difference regardless of weight.

plus i spar when i first get there after warming up and stretching and ive never been tired after sparring alil more out of breath here and there but thats usually from lighter faster people.

instead of height and weight i think how its distributed is much more important and in stead of how its distributed that the style matches how its distributed is much more important. differences in weight may grow but right with them differences in stamina and speed grow as well.

Asthma can be a real bind when it comes to cardio exercise. I dont suffer from it personally, but other family members have it.

That said I do have a cousin in his early 20s who suffers from asthma who can run a 5 minute mile, that takes some doing!......So never lose sight of goals. But take it easy.

Real hard, fast paced sparring will require rather more than the ability to run consecutive 10 minute miles. Especially a fast paced 4-6 (3 minute rounds) with a competitive sparring partner who isn't pulling his punches.

I run consecutive 6.5-7 minute miles over the half marathon distance, but I wouldn't fancy doing 6 x 3 minute rounds tomorrow with a competitive amateur boxer of similar ability. Its a tough game and participation requires some serious fitness.

Back on topic, who knows what the heavyweights of 2040-2050 will look like. I've got a sad feeling they're going to be even bigger and slower.

Comment

It all depends on how a fighter uses his certain advantages although i agree alis physique was perfect to compliment his style hard to find any major flaws in it

Lennox lewis is a perfect example of how a big guy can maximise his physical advantages and really frustrate and beat his opponents up,although most heavies his size look very awkward and clumsy

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
            It all depends on how a fighter uses his certain advantages although i agree alis physique was perfect to compliment his style hard to find any major flaws in it

Lennox lewis is a perfect example of how a big guy can maximise his physical advantages and really frustrate and beat his opponents up,although most heavies his size look very awkward and clumsy
            Lewis also looked awkward & clumsy as if he had 2 left feet and after the McCall defeat he turned to steroids

Comment

Lewis also looked awkward & clumsy as if he had 2 left feet and after the McCall defeat he turned to steroids

I'd like to hear more about this if it is true (the steroid use). I cant say that I've ever thought it about Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Asthma can be a real bind when it comes to cardio exercise. I dont suffer from it personally, but other family members have it.

That said I do have a cousin in his early 20s who suffers from asthma who can run a 5 minute mile, that takes some doing!......So never lose sight of goals. But take it easy.

Real hard, fast paced sparring will require rather more than the ability to run consecutive 10 minute miles. Especially a fast paced 4-6 (3 minute rounds) with a competitive sparring partner who isn't pulling his punches.

I run consecutive 6.5-7 minute miles over the half marathon distance, but I wouldn't fancy doing 6 x 3 minute rounds tomorrow with a competitive amateur boxer of similar ability. Its a tough game and participation requires some serious fitness.

Back on topic, who knows what the heavyweights of 2040-2050 will look like. I've got a sad feeling they're going to be even bigger and slower.
                thanks for your concern but i dont have any issues with how i train.

and my goal will never be to run a 5 min mile.....im almost positive that training for such a feat would drastically impair my boxing ability as a good build to run a 5 min mile at 6'4" is nothing like a good build to box at 6'4".

if anything my current goal is build up my shoulders so i can go 150% for more then 6 rounds in shadow boxing or bag work with out feeling like i pulled something in them.

not improving my leg endurance be cause my legs are tired after 6 rounds at 150%....cause they arnt and not improing my cardio because i cant breath after going 150% for 6 rounds because with in 5 deep breaths my heart rates allready back to normal.

heavy weights probly will get bigger and slower as it seems no one reconigizes the diffrence a good build can make.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  thanks for your concern but i dont have any issues with how i train.

and my goal will never be to run a 5 min mile.....im almost positive that training for such a feat would drastically impair my boxing ability as a good build to run a 5 min mile at 6'4" is nothing like a good build to box at 6'4".

if anything my current goal is build up my shoulders so i can go 150% for more then 6 rounds in shadow boxing or bag work with out feeling like i pulled something in them.

not improving my leg endurance be cause my legs are tired after 6 rounds at 150%....cause they arnt and not improing my cardio because i cant breath after going 150% for 6 rounds because with in 5 deep breaths my heart rates allready back to normal.

heavy weights probly will get bigger and slower as it seems no one reconigizes the diffrence a good build can make.

Yes, I agree with you on the 5 minute mile thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X