Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Dwight Muhammed Qawi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on Dwight Muhammed Qawi?

Your thoughts on Dwight Muhammed Qawi?
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM.

One of my favourite boxers.

Very entertaining, excellent defense, excellent at pressuring he was just a pit bull of a man. Got out of prison and learned to box at Joe Fraziers' gym at age 25, he stormed the LHW division with no amateur experience what so ever, shows it's never to late too start boxing and be successful.

His fights with Michael Spinks and Evander Holyfield are my favourite LHW scraps.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      One of my favourite boxers.

Very entertaining, excellent defense, excellent at pressuring he was just a pit bull of a man. Got out of prison and learned to box at Joe Fraziers' gym at age 25, he stormed the LHW division with no amateur experience what so ever, shows it's never to late too start boxing and be successful.

His fights with Michael Spinks and Evander Holyfield are my favourite LHW scraps.
      Good description. Qwai's conditioning was less than stellar later in his career though. His wins over Saad Muhammad were super impressive. I thought the Spinks fight was a dud, but the first Holyfield fight was one of the best ever.

Comment

he was a smaller size Frazier

love him

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
          Your thoughts on Dwight Muhammed Qawi?
          One of my favorites to watch. Super tough, always coming forward throwing punches, great at slipping punches. Quite possibly the best (apart from Michael Spinks) of that golden era of Light-Heavies. Participated in the last great 15 round war, losing a decision to Holyfield. Great fighter.

Poet

Comment

I love him because he was an unhittable pressure fighter. Not often you find one of them.

Comment

His peak was very very short with him getting Saad Muhammad when Saad was "SHOT" Qawi lost his legs not long after then moved up to cruiserweight for his defining career fight with Holyfield.. He was an excellent pressure fighter who was great to watch and as tough as teak

Comment

but you do agree they basically have the same style, right ?
                Last edited by JAB5239; 10-26-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Great fighter. Amazing defense, was at his best at lhw, clearly slipped a step when he was at cw. I thought his fight with Spinks was also a dud, but his fights with Holyfield I, Muhammad I and II were amazing

Comment

Working...
                  X