No announcement yet.

Bob Sheridan vs Howard Cosell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Cosell could take a crap fight and make it feel like a dramatic event from bell to bell. I don't know any other announcer who could do that.

Poet
    You hit the nail on the head Poet..Cosell was one of a kind, Lampley is my favorite current commentator and lets not forget the Legendary Don Dunphy

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      You hit the nail on the head Poet..Cosell was one of a kind, Lampley is my favorite current commentator and lets not forget the Legendary Don Dunphy
      Dunphy is my #2 man after Cosell.

Poet

Comment

Personally couldn't stand Cosell

Comment

Cosell, hands down. He was very respectful towards fighters and he could really get you into the action. Foreman vs Lyle is some of his best work.

I don't think Sheridan should even be mentioned when discussing the greatest commentators. The man is a pain to listen to and is often very disrespectful to lower level fighters who fight on undercards, treating them like they're pieces of trash. They may not be great fighters, but any man who steps in the ring and fights should get some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Dunphy is my #2 man after Cosell.

Poet
            I used to love listening to Dunphy. You could never tell who he was rooting for and he called it right down the middle. You can't say the same about Jim Lampley.

Comment

Working...
            X