• Show
Clear All

• Bob Sheridan vs Howard Cosell

Who was the greatest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bjCcYgMHY

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post

Cosell for me!

'Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier'.

He might not have been the most knowledgeable boxing historian but damn.....he was entertaining, one of a kind and genuinely seemed to like fighters!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Cosell for me!

'Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier'.

He might not have been the most knowledgeable boxing historian but damn.....he was entertaining, one of a kind and genuinely seemed to like fighters!
      He was knowledgeable on boxing alright, Cosell once boasted "No man in the world knows more about boxing than him".. Both great commentators who both had their own way of calling a fight with Cosell being my favorite, He said as the opening round got underway of Braxton vs Saad Muhammad (I), "This one could be a war" then midway though the 4th round say's, "Yes, it is a war" which is fantastic commentating.

Comment

He was knowledgeable on boxing alright, Cosell once boasted "No man in the world knows more about boxing than him".. Both great commentators who both had their own way of calling a fight with Cosell being my favorite, He said as the opening round got underway of Braxton vs Saad Muhammad (I), "This one could be a war" then midway though the 4th round say's, "Yes, it is a war" which is fantastic commentating.

Bless him! Sorely missed....

Comment

I'm not a fan of either one. Cosell was an insufferable egomaniac. Sheridan is a house announcer, meaning he knows who the promoter wants to win and calls it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I'm not a fan of either one. Cosell was an insufferable egomaniac. Sheridan is a house announcer, meaning he knows who the promoter wants to win and calls it that way.
            yes i can agree with you on that.. Sheridan worked for Don King and Cosell was a egomaniac like you say

Comment

yes i can agree with you on that.. Sheridan worked for Don King and Cosell was a egomaniac like you say
              Just by chance I was sitting close to Sheridan at a bar in Las Vegas about 10 years ago. He was just as big of a windbag in real life as he is on TV, lol. Of course some people would call it enthusiastic. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Just by chance I was sitting close to Sheridan at a bar in Las Vegas about 10 years ago. He was just as big of a windbag in real life as he is on TV, lol. Of course some people would call it enthusiastic. It just rubs me the wrong way.
                i like sheridan he at least tried to give you an idea of the intensity and feeling in the air when tyson made his way to the ring

cosell was a g aswell though

Comment

Cosell could take a crap fight and make it feel like a dramatic event from bell to bell. I don't know any other announcer who could do that.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Cosell could take a crap fight and make it feel like a dramatic event from bell to bell. I don't know any other announcer who could do that.

Poet
                    I gotta admit that Cosell really brought the drama and the charisma. Lampley is the same way, just more subtle. Well at least until recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X