No announcement yet.

Came across some decade-old magazines at the weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across some decade-old magazines at the weekend

I was clearing out the loft recently and was very pleased to find a load of boxing magazines from the late 90s/early 2000s that I didn't even realise I'd kept. It's been pretty cool looking through them, reading previews for fights that seemed like they'd be competitive at the time but in hindsight could only ever end one way(for example Vitali K vs Herbie Hide) and articles like '10 Reasons Why Holmes-Foreman Will Be Worth Watching'.

Anyway, I started this thread mainly just for the sake of sharing it with someone lol. Also because as I read through them I'll post any interesting tidbits of info that may have been forgotten by 99% of people since they happened.

I haven't looked through all of them yet, but from what I can tell I have every copy of the weekly British boxing paper Boxing News from around March 99 through to about September 99, so if there were any fights/events from that time period that anyone has a big interest let me know and maybe I can scan and upload the coverage it was given.

Should be interesting mate,thanks.I dont see the point in purchasing these boxing mags anymore.Every thing I need to know about boxing can easily be found on the internet and nothing interesting ever pops up in these mags anymore.

Comment

Working...
    X