Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
    Leonard-Duran should be there too

unbelievable brawl fought at the highest skill level
    Also one of the biggest fights of the last 50 years. The hype for it was unbelievable.

Comment

Bartley Gorman vs Mexicana Webb, 1980 - who are these?

Comment

Ali vs Frazier 1
        Ali vs Frazier 3
        Ali vs Foreman
        Ali vs Spinks 2
        Johnson vs Jeffries
        Louis vs Schmeling 2
        Louis vs Conn 2
        Leonard vs Duran 1
        Leonard vs Hearns 1
        Tyson vs Holyfield 1

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
          strange pick, it was a very careful tactical/technical fight...
          That's why it was so great.

1. Leonard-Benitez

2. Frazier-Ali I

3. Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez II Best strawweight fight ever, period.

4. Robinson-Basilio II

5. Nicolino Locche-Fuji (Amazing bout, I don't think there was ever another fight between these two.

6. Eder Jofre-Fighting Harada I (Not generally my type of fight, but this one was awesome).

7. Ali-Frazier III

8. Hagler-Leonard

9. Benny Leonard-Lew Tendler (The only time they fought I'm pretty sure)

10. Hearns-Leonard I

I'm not a fan of "action fights" generally, although some of the above fights had some good slugging action going on. Hagler-Hearns didn't last long enough for my tastes.

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Ali vs Spinks 2
          I know I'm on your ignore list since you can't handle a courteous debate about Mike Tyson... but are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            That's why it was so great.

1. Leonard-Benitez

2. Frazier-Ali I

3. Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez II Best strawweight fight ever, period.

4. Robinson-Basilio II

5. Nicolino Locche-Fuji (Amazing bout, I don't think there was ever another fight between these two.

6. Eder Jofre-Fighting Harada I (Not generally my type of fight, but this one was awesome).

7. Ali-Frazier III

8. Hagler-Leonard

9. Benny Leonard-Lew Tendler (The only time they fought I'm pretty sure)

10. Hearns-Leonard I

I'm not a fan of "action fights" generally, although some of the above fights had some good slugging action going on. Hagler-Hearns didn't last long enough for my tastes.

I know I'm on your ignore list since you can't handle a courteous debate about Mike Tyson... but are you kidding me?
            why should i be kidding you?

Comment

why should i be kidding you?
              Because that fight was painfully boring.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                Because that fight was painfully boring.
                maybe to you it was boring to me it was history in the making and a cracking good fight which 70,000 fans paid to see at the Superdrome as well as millions more on closed circuit TV.. you obviously think "Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez II " was historically a greater fight, i dont

Comment

No mention for Arguello - Pryor ? .

Bartley Gorman vs Mexicana Webb, 1980 - who are these?
                  Bartley Gorman was a huge star for bare knuckle boxing and was tagged "King of Gypsies", he was undefeated champion in the UK and Ireland for a long time (15 years or so I think, maybe longer), one of my friends is big on bare knuckle boxing I think he told me about this fight once.
                  That's all I know about him, don't know much of Mexicana.

Comment

So far I haven't read any REAL CRITERIA in determining the so called
                    Best Boxing Fights in History.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      No mention for Arguello - Pryor ? .

Bartley Gorman was a huge star for bare knuckle boxing and was tagged "King of Gypsies", he was undefeated champion in the UK and Ireland for a long time (15 years or so I think, maybe longer), one of my friends is big on bare knuckle boxing I think he told me about this fight once.
                      That's all I know about him, don't know much of Mexicana.
                      i watched Gypsies bare-knuckle fighting at Appleby fair in Cumbria a few years ago and believe me its "a joke" irish tinkers with no boxing ability or training whatsoever squaring off against each other for £50 or more, these guys have never been in a gymnasium in their lives or had any teaching in the art of fist-fighting. their opponents are always other gypsy families who again have had zero training and the fitness level of these guys is terrible..i can only think that a guy named "King of the Gypsies" even if 50 times better than the clowns i seen could only be a joker... i can remember a guy from Britain called Joe Savage British bare-knuckle fist-fighting champion and All-round Fighting man who traveled over to the USA with a record of 53-0(53) and took part in a Heavyweight Boxing tournement were he fought Smokin`Bert Cooper with Cooper leaving him lying face-down on the canvas within 30 seconds of the opening round... i have never bought into the crap about gypsies, bouncers or others being great boxers it's false!

Comment

Working...
                      X