No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Montell Griffin I: Eddie futch is a genius

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -LightsOut- View Post
    Doesn't it occur to you that maybe Griffin is trying to make an excuse for losing the way he did?

Off the top of my head:
    Tito-Hopkins: I had wife problems
    Toney-Jones: I was drained
    Jones-Tarver III:My dad was in my corner
    Tarver-Hopkins: I was poisoned
    Almost every time these so called "excuses" are the true reasons behind the outcomes of the fights.
    Specifically : I don't know if Tarver was poisoned or not against Hopkins , but he was drained , wasn't he ?

Comment

The only thing I found so far
      One of Eddies last ring accomplishments was in assisting Montell Griffen in his win over Roy Jones Jr for the WBC light heavyweight title. "We had Roy so frustrated that he had to foul. We got inside Roys head." (Futch laughs)

"Roy uses his loss in the Olympics as a crutch. My fighter Montell Griffen lost a controversial decision to Torsten May in the Barcelona Olympics. You don't see him crying over it do you?" Eddie went on to say that Roy would never be a crowd pleaser. This should be noted that Eddie was not part of the Griffen/Jones rematch. If he was one would have to wonder if Jones would not have received his second career loss.
      http://www.********boxing.com/curly1110.html

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        A money dispute.
        Thanks for answering
        Do you have a link, so I can read about it?

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
          Almost every time these so called "excuses" are the true reasons behind the outcomes of the fights.
          Specifically : I don't know if Tarver was poisoned or not against Hopkins , but he was drained , wasn't he ?
          How can you know that? If there are not prepared 100% mentally and physically then they should cancel the fight. There's no point going through with it, then losing and then saying,"it doesn't matter, because I wasn't 100%."

Off the top of my head:
          Tito-Hopkins: I had wife problems
          Tito was completely outboxed, he was tailor made for Hopkins
          Toney-Jones: I was drained
          Toney had a major flaw in his style which he never fixed
          Jones-Tarver III:My dad was in my corner
          Jones was mentally finished after getting ktfo twice
          Tarver-Hopkins: I was poisoned
          lol
          Last edited by Toney616; 09-06-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for answering
            Do you have a link, so I can read about it?
            http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ch+money&hl=en

Comment

Wow, im impressed. I didn't.
              think you would have something
              Thanks again
              Last edited by Toney616; 09-06-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

How can you know that? If there are not prepared 100% mentally and physically then they should cancel the fight. There's no point going through with it, then losing and then saying,"it doesn't matter, because I wasn't 100%."

Off the top of my head:

Tito was completely outboxed, he was tailor made for Hopkins

Toney had a major flaw in his style which he never fixed

Jones was mentally finished after getting ktfo twice

lol
                My claim about the reasons given by the loser was not meant for the excuses you mentioned in your post I quoted but for other reasons I knew of.
                Montell was ready for his second fight with Roy in terms of long and medium terms , just not the short term of the pre fight preparations in his room . He was not given enough time to prepare his muscles and I did not mean to do weightlifting nor to resting nor healing from an injury. Just to get his muscles warm. He was rushed to the ring instead of being allowed the crucial 10-15 minutes or so he needed .
                Something similar in a way is when Jorge Vaca signed to fight Roy at 154 , and then Roy weighed in above the agreed weight and Vaca had the choice of pulling out in the last minutes (no exaggeration) or to fight , so he took the money and got stopped.

I did not argue about the other excuses.

Comment

My claim about the reasons given by the loser was not meant for the excuses you mentioned in your post I quoted but for other reasons I knew of.
                  Montell was ready for his second fight with Roy in terms of long and medium terms , just not the short term of the pre fight preparations in his room . He was not given enough time to prepare his muscles and I did not mean to do weightlifting nor to resting nor healing from an injury. Just to get his muscles warm. He was rushed to the ring instead of being allowed the crucial 10-15 minutes or so he needed .
                  Something similar in a way is when Jorge Vaca signed to fight Roy at 154 , and then Roy weighed in above the agreed weight and Vaca had the choice of pulling out in the last minutes (no exaggeration) or to fight , so he took the money and got stopped.

I did not argue about the other excuses.
                  How do you know his not lying? He could of said,"get lost, I'm going to have time to warm up properly"

Comment

How do you know his not lying? He could of said,"get lost, I'm going to have time to warm up properly"
                    I was not there in his place.
                    I believe him especially after all the incidents with water in the neutral corners in Roy Jones fights , the Jorge Vaca violated agreement , the cherrypicking , the Toney fight , the lack of Toney rematch , the ducking of almost every live top contender of his time , the steroids , and I can bet there are even more.

Comment

I was not there in his place.
                      I believe him
                      If you watch Jones-Grfiin I, you can see that Jones had basically figured him out by around round 7
                      especially after all the incidents with water in the neutral corners in Roy Jones fights
                      What are you talking about?
                      , the Jorge Vaca violated agreement ,
                      Havent watched it so I cant comment
                      the cherrypicking ,
                      What are you talking about?
                      the Toney fight , the lack of Toney rematch
                      We have gone over this already ,
                      the ducking of almost every live top contender of his time
                      You need to have some evidence of negotiations before you can accuse a fighter of ducking someone
                      , the steroids , and I can bet there are even more.
                      Yep he used steroids
                      Last edited by Toney616; 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X