Roy Jones vs Montell Griffin I: Eddie futch is a genius

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones vs Montell Griffin I: Eddie futch is a genius

A great performance by Griffin and a great plan laid down by Futch:
    -Griffins constant feints so Jones didn't know if he was going to attack or not
    -Keeping his right hand high to block Jones's left hooks, a punch which Jones over relied on
    -Keeping the left hand low, to invite Jones to throw right hand leads, so he could counter with a left hook

It was hilarious watching Jones start to lose his temper as the fight wore on. lol at the ending in round 9 as well
    Great fight:Grade A
    What do people here think about it?

great fight and excellent game-plan, Griffin is ubderated as a fighter although i dont think he won his 2 fights against James Toney.

Comment

if Roy was right and dont hit her when he was on the floor,he knocked out Griffin in the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-.
        that was always griffins style tho, why bother with credit to futch?

trainers are overrated, you can't change a fighters style
        We saw what happened when Griffin didn't have Futch with him in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          You should have known it was because Griffin was not given enough time to prepare/ warm himself properly before the rematch and was rushed to the ring. You were the last in this forum I would have expected such a comment from.

Comment

that was always griffins style tho, why bother with credit to futch?
            Futch trained Griffin for many years, surely he deserves some credit for Griffins tactics
            trainers are overrated, you can't change a fighters style
            Depends on the trainers, Futch deserves all the credit he gets.
            Off the top of my head: Toney, Bowe, Griffin and McClellan careers all stalled after leaving their trainers.
            Last edited by Toney616; 09-06-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              great fight and excellent game-plan, Griffin is ubderated as a fighter although i dont think he won his 2 fights against James Toney.
              I think the first fight was close, but Griffin just edged it. Toney learned absolutely nothing from the Jones fight as well. During the pre-fight talk for Griffin-Toney, Lampley mentions that Toney was seen in the sauna, hours before the weigh in working out. That's why Toney faded during the last half of that fight. Also he hadn't corrected the flaw which McCallum and Jones exposed, which is that he tends to only throw the right hand as a counter punch. Which is why Griffin was able to outwork him using only left hooks and left jabs. I haven't watched the whole of Toney-Griffin II, I found it boring to watch

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Do you know the story behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                  You should have known it was because Griffin was not given enough time to prepare/ warm himself properly before the rematch and was rushed to the ring. You were the last in this forum I would have expected such a comment from.
                  Doesn't it occur to you that maybe Griffin is trying to make an excuse for losing the way he did?

Off the top of my head:
                  Tito-Hopkins: I had wife problems
                  Toney-Jones: I was drained
                  Jones-Tarver III:My dad was in my corner
                  Tarver-Hopkins: I was poisoned

Comment

Originally posted by -LightsOut- View Post
                    Do you know the story behind that?
                    A money dispute.

Comment

Working...
                    X