No announcement yet.

Did Leonard duck Pryor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Leonard duck Pryor?

So, what do you boxing historians have to say?

No, because Leonard actually offered a fight to Pryor but Pryor declined...from what Ive read.

To be honest I find it hard to believe that Leonard would have ducked Pryor, when he could have pretty easily turned him inside out within 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      No, because Leonard actually offered a fight to Pryor but Pryor declined...from what Ive read.

To be honest I find it hard to believe that Leonard would have ducked Pryor, when he could have pretty easily turned him inside out within 6 rounds.
      Looking at this, it just seems like he did since he didn't answer at all and just continued doing his own thing. I don't know though. He actually claims he knocked Leonard down working together.

Starts at 7:07

Comment

Many people bring up the Legendary Nights thing as fact, but in reality I believe that Leonard actually offered Pryor a fight, but Pryor priced himself out of it.

Offering contracts>calling someone out

...an example would be what Haye did with the Klitschko bros.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          Many people bring up the Legendary Nights thing as fact, but in reality I believe that Leonard actually offered Pryor a fight, but Pryor priced himself out of it.

Offering contracts>calling someone out

...an example would be what Haye did with the Klitschko bros.
          Is there any proof that he actually offered Pryor a fight? Just wondering.

Comment

Legendary Nights created quite a few popular boxing myths. The most popular one is the "Leonard ducked Pryor" myth, along with the "Taylor was totally done and never any good after Chavez" (the show actually never explicitly said that, but people act like this was the case due to the show) and a Nicaraugan judge having Arguello beating Pryor.

Not only was Pryor in a different division, but Pryor also was offered a fight with Leonard for $500,000. He wanted more money.

In addition to that, Pryor also had offers to face Duran @ 150 and a unification bout with Mamby, but managerial and personal problems messed up that fight.

The claims of Pryor being this super-avoided fighter whom the big names wouldn't go close to are just a myth.

Comment

Leonard could never have ducked Pryor as Leonard never fought at 140lbs and Pryor never fought at 147lbs

Comment

Maybe the "Legendary Nights" are more reliable sources than what people actually tend to say. You can't really believe everything yo read on the internet. If I had to believe a source, I'd rather believe some HBO show than read an article somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                  Maybe the "Legendary Nights" are more reliable sources than what people actually tend to say. You can't really believe everything yo read on the internet. If I had to believe a source, I'd rather believe some HBO show than read an article somewhere.
                  go to 2:14 of the video PED User posted

Pryor-
                  "I turned him down"

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                    So, what do you boxing historians have to say?

Not at all. Pryor priced himself out of the fight. And to be honest, Pryor really offered nothing to scare Leonard. He was smaller, coming up in weight, and wasn't as skilled as Leonard. With that said, Pryor was a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X