No announcement yet.

Terry Norris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Norris

I just wanted to get your views/opinions on Norris. His greatness, his legacy, his skills, your ranking of him etc..........

lol, any1?

Comment

I'm a Norris fan and even with his bad chin. He wasn't scared to fight punchers

Comment

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
        I just wanted to get your views/opinions on Norris. His greatness, his legacy, his skills, your ranking of him etc..........

He was fast, powerful and skilled. Had he had a chin and the ability to stick to a game plan (in every fight) he may have been remembered as one of the elite all time greats, But his lack of in both departments excludes him.

Comment

Norris vs trinidad is one of the best fights of the 90's not to happen, also chavez vs norris had the makeing of a classic

Comment

Tremendous boxing ability. Unfortunitely he fell in love with the ko. So rather on controling the action with his skills he took chances going for the early ending. Was having his way with Julian Jackson but went in for the ko. Could have easily outboxed Simon Brown the first time but no, Terry wanted to impress and get Brown out of there. Still in spite of that common-in-boxing-err, turned in an impressive career and a couple solid title runs.

I remember watching him early in his career and the fight I first took notice of Norris' potential was when he faced unbeaten Sugar Ray Leonard-trained Quincy Taylor.
            Suprised everybody when he controlled the prospect and scored the upset. Ironicly Taylor later would later capture the WBC middleweight title by stopping Julian Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Tremendous boxing ability. Unfortunitely he fell in love with the ko. So rather on controling the action with his skills he took chances going for the early ending. Was having his way with Julian Jackson but went in for the ko. Could have easily outboxed Simon Brown the first time but no, Terry wanted to impress and get Brown out of there. Still in spite of that common-in-boxing-err, turned in an impressive career and a couple solid title runs.

I remember watching him early in his career and the fight I first took notice of Norris' potential was when he faced unbeaten Sugar Ray Leonard-trained Quincy Taylor.
              Suprised everybody when he controlled the prospect and scored the upset. Ironicly Taylor later would later capture the WBC middleweight title by stopping Julian Jackson.
              Sounds like Zab.

But Norris was one of those guys who had so much ability. He was his own worst enemy. He had a glass chin, yet always went for the KO. He lost twice, very humorously I might add to Santana because he couldn't control his anger. He lost a lot of guys, including Jackson and Brown, that he should have beaten.

Despite those flaws, he belongs in the hall of fame and could arguably be an ATG. He is very underrated in my opinion.

Comment

incredibly talented and courageous...

that courage and his very shaky chin added some sense of excitement in most of his fights...

his propensity to do head scratching blunders somehow hurts his legacy IMO...

i think a match up between he & paul williams would be a great fight in which i favor mr. norris to win by UD...
                Last edited by talip bin osman; 08-24-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Amazing abilities but his glass jaw keeps him out of the ATG ranks. If he could have taken a punch he'd have been a lock for the top-10 Middleweights.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Amazing abilities but his glass jaw keeps him out of the ATG ranks. If he could have taken a punch he'd have been a lock for the top-10 Middleweights.

Poet
                    norris vs nunn @ 160 mr. poet...

who u think wins??

Comment

Working...
                    X