Collapse
No announcement yet.

History section needs a mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I don't think there's enough activity in this forum anymore to warrant it; maybe a handful of new threads a day, so even though half of them are troll efforts it isn't that disruptive.

Comment

Either get a mod or simply put the known troublemakers on ignore. Lately, i had to put a few on ignore, and there was about a month that i didn't post due to few known culprits.

Guys like GreatA and Mickeymalone are probably tired of it and left. Of course, expect a wisecrack about the situation in Thailand from you know who?

If we put the offenders on ignore they will be also locked out of threads. Lets be clear, known trolls don't start threads they just try to find dirt in order to start arguments and incite responoses.

Everyone here has disagreements, and i have disagreed with pretty much everyone but that is expected in a forum, but there is difference between hating and discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        Honestly I don't think there's enough activity in this forum anymore to warrant it; maybe a handful of new threads a day, so even though half of them are troll efforts it isn't that disruptive.
        We don't have the activity BECAUSE of the influx of trolls. If they were moderated the chances are that intelligent posters and discussion would one again flourish on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          We don't have the activity BECAUSE of the influx of trolls. If they were moderated the chances are that intelligent posters and discussion would one again flourish on this board.
          Like HaglerSteelChin said, they can just be ignored. There's no reason everyone can't just talk around them. They're just going to create alts anyway. And even in its prime, this board never had that much activity. A mod wouldn't be a bad thing but ultimately I don't think it will have too much effect.
          Last edited by Miburo; 08-13-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            Either get a mod or simply put the known troublemakers on ignore. Lately, i had to put a few on ignore, and there was about a month that i didn't post due to few known culprits.

Guys like GreatA and Mickeymalone are probably tired of it and left. Of course, expect a wisecrack about the situation in Thailand from you know who?

If we put the offenders on ignore they will be also locked out of threads. Lets be clear, known trolls don't start threads they just try to find dirt in order to start arguments and incite responoses.

Everyone here has disagreements, and i have disagreed with pretty much everyone but that is expected in a forum, but there is difference between hating and discussion.
            i fully agree.. the way to deal with them is to put them on ignore, that way they soon get pissed off and slither away

Comment

I Wanna Be A Mod!!!

Comment

You can always use a forum that actually cares. Trolling is the BS way. You're here so you obviously must not have too much of a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                  You can always use a forum that actually cares. Trolling is the BS way. You're here so you obviously must not have too much of a problem with it.
                  Im here because I enjoy and respect many posters opinions who frequent this section. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be moderated and allowed to turn into a free for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    Like HaglerSteelChin said, they can just be ignored. There's no reason everyone can't just talk around them. They're just going to create alts anyway. And even in its prime, this board never had that much activity. A mod wouldn't be a bad thing but ultimately I don't think it will have too much effect.
                    If thats the case another avenue would obviously have to be taken. But this would be a good start and hopefully somewhat of a deterrent for some of the trolls.

Comment

Yeah I agree.

There are at least 3 jokers around that need to get banned.

What I don't undertand is why no IP bans here?That Cung Le troll from NSB has been banned a million times and everytime he makes a different alias and comes back.
                      It beats the purpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X