Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Left Hook Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot believe no one has said Charlie Z so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
      To mention new names, Arguello...and although some people may not like it, I'm sorry but Tua has to be on the list.
      I agree Tua had one of the most powerful devastating left hooks of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Sorta don't, have any examples? If this is for real, though, nice find.
        Well it was a easy find for me since he's the pro "also a WC" who taught me how to give a good left hook! I will to try to find an article in The Ring Magazine from 1988-92. In that article they were saying that Matthew Hilton had the most powerful left hook P4P in history. I think they went to far with that, but it does prove that Mathew had a lot of power.
        Last edited by Megamasterking; 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Sorta don't, have any examples? If this is for real, though, nice find.
          I believe it. Hilton wasn't great but he was a world class fighter and former champ. Unless you've actually sparred and worked out with fighters on this level its difficult to understand. They're just on another level.

Comment

Donald Curry's left hook was brilliant.

In terms of speed,power,technique,accuracy and timing,perhaps the best of the modern era.

Comment

Without question Joe Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                Frazier for sure, one guy who deserve a mention is Matthew Hilton, not an ATG but he had one of the best left hook you could have. I have trained with that guy and saw the damage that left hook could do, unbelievable power, trust me on that one...
                Frazier for me and i agree Mathew Hilton had a brutal left hook as well as `Henry`s Hammer`..

Comment

Smokin' Joe Frazier

Sonny Liston also had a very good left hook.

Comment

Joe Frazier is the obvious choice.

SRR had a wicked hook, ask Fullmer!

Tyson's was sweet to, short on the inside, leaping, body or head, off the weave - it didnt matter it was lethal.

Bob Foster also comes to mind

I love Trinidad's too the way he whips it in

Comment

Working...
                    X