Name fights where the following techniques are used

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PED User View Post
    You can go on and on with examples but here are a few:

B-Hop against Pavlik...he had all the right footwork and angles. He later talked about the importance of positioning. He knows the angles of where to be so he can land, and if his opponent lands, it's not as effective.
    What about the use of angles as a form of defense? Can you recommend me a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
      I'm going to watch Leonard-Benitez when I have time. Which of the above techniques does Ali use?
      Leonard-Benitez is great, one of my favorite fight... Ali is the one that people have problem to understand they just don't realize how FAST he was.
      Since PUNCH = 1/2 M.Vē M=mass V=speed so you clearly see that speed is very important, more important than the mass. I will try to explain the best i can, but my English is weak, i use English only in this site...

Angles is related to footwork: Most of the time a good boxer will move away in a different Angle and do his thing... Ali's footwork is so great that he could make circles around you and still be able to hit you hard. That's more angles than a boxer can handle...

Parrying is not considered a "technique" but is very important: It's more a reflexe to protect you that get's better with praticing and fighting, anytime a boxer use an arm to block a hit you can call it parrying, so Ali is parrying...

Feinting is creating a diversion to take advantage of an opponent: An attitude, a look, a move... It's the opponent that show if your feinting is working or not. Ali use feinting often, like when he's dancing very fast with his feet and than move towards you with fast bombs...

Counter-punching is hitting an opponent who is moving towards you making the power of your punch greater: Foreman is attacking and gets hit by a counter-punch the fight is over a few seconds later.

I was lucky to have one of the best trainer in Canada, so if you have technical questions i will try my best to help you.

Comment

Working...
      X