Name fights where the following techniques are used

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

1.Angles
      o Pacquiao vs. Cotto: Pacquiao's incerdible footwork and upper body movement combine to give Cotto fits Pacquiao can punch from bizarre angles and then dart perfectly out of the way of a counterpunch. Angles-working masterpiece.
      2.Parrying
      o Marquez vs. Diaz: Marquez is backed against the ropes several times and parries each punch individually. He's not a defensive master, but it's very impressive to watch him intercept three or four punches in a row.
      3.Feinting + 4.Setting traps
      o Marquez vs. Casamayor: Two boxing masters going at it and they both try both of these tricks over and over. My man gets the best of it

5.Counter-punching
      Any Mayweather fight. As much as I dislike his conduct over the past month or so, you can't help but respect his boxing skills. He's so good at looking like he's available to be hit and then snapping his head back and punishing his opponent with a check hook or straight right. Best examples are probably his wins over Marquez and Mosley and round 10 of the Hatton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Bernard Hopkins vs Felix Trinidad
        Bernard Hopkins vs Kelly Pavlik

Comment

You can go on and on with examples but here are a few:

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
          1.Angles
          Watch the way Mayweather rotates his body and chooses his shots wisely to get the right angles on these body shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ussWik15M#t=4m55s

B-Hop against Pavlik...he had all the right footwork and angles. He later talked about the importance of positioning. He knows the angles of where to be so he can land, and if his opponent lands, it's not as effective.

2.Parrying
          Tim Witherspoon is one of many fighters whom I felt had a nice way of using his right hand to parry shots.

3.Feinting
          B-Hop is a master of feinting. As he got older, sometimes it seemed like he feinted more than threw punches.

Watch him feint and Tito puts his right glove up to protect himself from the left hook. Then Hopkins goes to his right and lands the right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyzsFOdWkM#t=3m47s

Duran was another master of the feint. Check his use of them against Palomino.

4.Setting traps
          I don't like Ferdie Pacheco but he was right, Nelson set traps here by lying on the ropes and then catching Fenech with big shots.

5.Counter-punching
          You got to mention James Toney when it comes to counterpunching.

A master of countering.

Mayweather doesn't throw as many shots as Toney but he's a very good counterpuncher as well.

Last edited by Thread Stealer; 08-06-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Fights with Carlos Monzon, Sugar ray Leonard, Sugar ray Robinson or Ali. I have learned a lot about boxing just by watching those ATG, when you try that in the ring you realize how great they were.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Bernard Hopkins vs Felix Trinidad
              Thanks
              Its been a while since Ive seen that fight I'm going to check it out again

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                You can go on and on with examples but here are a few:

Watch the way Mayweather rotates his body and chooses his shots wisely to get the right angles on these body shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ussWik15M#t=4m55s

B-Hop against Pavlik...he had all the right footwork and angles. He later talked about the importance of positioning. He knows the angles of where to be so he can land, and if his opponent lands, it's not as effective.

Tim Witherspoon is one of many fighters whom I felt had a nice way of using his right hand to parry shots.

B-Hop is a master of feinting. As he got older, sometimes it seemed like he feinted more than threw punches.

Watch him feint and Tito puts his right glove up to protect himself from the left hook. Then Hopkins goes to his right and lands the right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyzsFOdWkM#t=3m47s

Duran was another master of the feint. Check his use of them against Palomino.

I don't like Ferdie Pacheco but he was right, Nelson set traps here by lying on the ropes and then catching Fenech with big shots.

You got to mention James Toney when it comes to counterpunching.

A master of countering.

Mayweather doesn't throw as many shots as Toney but he's a very good counterpuncher as well.

Thanks for this

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
                  thanks
                  Downloading it now

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    1.Angles
                    o Pacquiao vs. Cotto: Pacquiao's incerdible footwork and upper body movement combine to give Cotto fits Pacquiao can punch from bizarre angles and then dart perfectly out of the way of a counterpunch. Angles-working masterpiece.
                    2.Parrying
                    o Marquez vs. Diaz: Marquez is backed against the ropes several times and parries each punch individually. He's not a defensive master, but it's very impressive to watch him intercept three or four punches in a row.
                    3.Feinting + 4.Setting traps
                    o Marquez vs. Casamayor: Two boxing masters going at it and they both try both of these tricks over and over. My man gets the best of it

5.Counter-punching
                    Any Mayweather fight. As much as I dislike his conduct over the past month or so, you can't help but respect his boxing skills. He's so good at looking like he's available to be hit and then snapping his head back and punishing his opponent with a check hook or straight right. Best examples are probably his wins over Marquez and Mosley and round 10 of the Hatton fight.
                    Great post

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
                      Fights with Carlos Monzon, Sugar ray Leonard, Sugar ray Robinson or Ali. I have learned a lot about boxing just by watching those ATG, when you try that in the ring you realize how great they were.
                      I'm going to watch Leonard-Benitez when I have time. Which of the above techniques does Ali use?

Comment

Working...
                      X