Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you regard as the best referee from this list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you regard as the best referee from this list?

Many of these refs have been involved in controversies and their decsions been questioned. I personally think Mills Lane is a good referee and for more modern guys I like Tony Weeks and Steve Smoger, anyway here is a list of 10 refs and you pick who is the best.
    Jay Nady
    6.06%
    Arthur Mercante Sr.
    15.15%
    Arthur Mercante Jr.
    0.00%
    Carlos Padilla(pinoy-check out his work in pac-hussein LOL)
    0.00%
    Kenny Bayless
    27.27%
    RIchard Steele
    9.09%
    Steve Smoger
    18.18%
    Joe Cortez
    3.03%
    Tony Weeks
    0.00%
    Mills Lane
    21.21%

The poll is expired.

i really like bayless.mercante was very good.too many good 1's.you should be asking which 1 is the worst.and that would be steele

Comment

Mills Lane, just loved that dude, no BS. Not sure if he's technically the best but he's the only referee I'd ever mention as a cool personality.

Comment

Mercante Sr. was the greatest referee in the history of this sport.

Comment

I have to go with Jay Nady, clamps down on excessive clinching and fouling
          Hopkins vs Taylor I
          Holyfield vs Toney- Should of docked points from Evan Fields for using his head though
          Last edited by Toney616; 07-30-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

i think baylees but for someone reason i voted for steele

Comment

I went Steele. From the fights I've seen (and I'm not gonna claim I've seen loads) he seemed to be a good no nonsense kinda ref.

Kenny Bay is pretty damn good too.

Comment

Originally posted by KlownvonnomaD View Post
                I went Steele. From the fights I've seen (and I'm not gonna claim I've seen loads) he seemed to be a good no nonsense kinda ref.

Kenny Bay is pretty damn good too.
                I believe it was Steele who ended the Taylor-Chavez fight with 3 seconds to go. That was a dick move and I can't imagine any other ref on that list making that call.

Mills' major claim to fame was ref'ing the Holyfield-Tyson 2 fight and made him a household name and also made his "lets get it on!" very popular. Hell, they even made him the clay ref on the celebrity deathmatch tv show.

It's hard to judge a referee but on that list nobody has been a part of more historic fights than Mercante Sr.

Comment

Smoger and bayless are top two for me.cortez is a terrible ref

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
                    Smoger and bayless are top two for me.cortez is a terrible ref
                    Agreed Cortez ruins fights but Bayless and Smoger are quality referees.

Comment

Working...
                    X