Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was More Talented Wilfredo Benitez Or Nicolino Locche?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Was More Talented Wilfredo Benitez Or Nicolino Locche?

Just for pure talent......
    Wilfredo Benitez
    50.00%
    Nicolino Locche
    50.00%

Seeing as the thread concerns 'pure talent' I go with Locche.

I actually rate his defensive genius above Benitez full stop, but the clincher for me is that his punch radar was working superbly well into his 30s, despite his age and nicotine addiction!

Benitez was washed up by his mid 20s and frankly I dont think he was quite as good as the best version of Locche even before that.

Both great fighters though!

Comment

ehh Lochhe had incredible defense but Benitez was overall better than Loche. Also Benitez competition was superb

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        ehh Lochhe had incredible defense but Benitez was overall better than Loche. Also Benitez competition was superb
        I'd say defense goes to Locche but punch power and offensive output goes to Benitez.

Locche's competition was also highly superb. Many HOF'ers just like Benitez. Antonio Cervantes, Joe Brown, Carlos Ortiz, Ismael Laguna etc etc. That's just a few of his major fights.

I think Locche trained even more haphazardly than Bentez so pure talent goes to Locche imo. Considering the lack of boxing greats along with the lack of great trainers (unlike PR) it was probably all very largely self taught too for Locche.
        Last edited by BennyST; 07-27-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X