Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali Was A Great Fighter, But Way Overrated In Terms Of Boxing Ability'' Larry Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muhammad Ali was 10 times the boxer that Larry Holmes ever was.. Holmes is bitter towards everyone.. Holmes made a quote after losing to Mike Tyson, he said," i could never have beat Mike Tyson"..

Comment

holmes just talks honestly, neither him or ali could beat tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Muhammad Ali was 10 times the boxer that Larry Holmes ever was.. Holmes is bitter towards everyone.. Holmes made a quote after losing to Mike Tyson, he said," i could never have beat Mike Tyson"..
        Im surprised if this part is true, he rarely says anything nice about anyone. I remember him "saying" on his forum a while back that if his hand didn't get caught between the upper ropes (round 4 with Tyson), then his uppercut would of knocked Tyson out.

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
          his style was somethin special in the heavy division, where the guys were slow or could'nt cut off the ring, not to mention most would block with their faces back then

p4p ali is getting sodomized by alot of the ATG's, and not even
          Hit the nail on the head with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Hit the nail on the head with this one.
            You need to stick to NSB and the Dumb-Jock Training & Meat-Head Nutrition Forum: It's seriously embarressing to have a mental troglodyte you posting in here. Have a nice day!

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Holmes has also said many times that he is the greatest fighter of all-times!!

He's talking just about heavyweights.

Comment

Ali was the most gifted HW of all time,and he fought to his strengths-holmes is just bitter

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
                  Im surprised if this part is true, he rarely says anything nice about anyone. I remember him "saying" on his forum a while back that if his hand didn't get caught between the upper ropes (round 4 with Tyson), then his uppercut would of knocked Tyson out.
                  Holmes said it in the ring after getting KOd by Tyson.. he came out with your comment years after reflecting on the fight... first impressions are always right`

Comment

I will put my hands up here as being in the "he'll get found out" camp when Ali started, hands to low leans away from punches etc etc. If I was going to teach someone to box then I wouldn't use Ali as an example.
                    That said greats in any sport take the rule book and rip it up or certainly put a new chapter in it.
                    A good point was made about how fundamentals always have a fundamental counter.

Comment

Ali wasn't very fundamentally sound in his first incarnation, but he got away with it due to his phenomenal speed and athleticism. After the ban however, he added elements to his game to make up for the loss in reflexes, and always found a way to win, if not in the first fight, then in the second and third.

Holmes still sounds bitter though having followed the greatest HW of all time, and because he fought in a rather weak era, never got the chance to prove he was on Ali's level.

Comment

Working...
                      X