No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine's 100 Greatest Punchers p4p

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnThomas1
    I'd have Rosario and Hearns better and Spinks (LH) where he is is a disgrace.

You don't know much, bro'

At 175, there have been FEW fighters who could punch like Michael Spinks could.
    He was devastating, & was widely regarded as the best hitter (lb4lb)in the sport, while he reigned there.

In fact, I think he belongs much higher on the list.

Comment

My complaints:

Hagler was rated too high. Above Edwin Rosario even!
      Julian Jackson should have been top 10.

Comment

jabsRstiff

this is exactly my point, it is a disgrace he is not placed better. Spinks was a one punch ko artist with either hand at LH and has a few of the best ko's ever. Agree about Haglertoo, a strong puncher but not a ko artist. Surely there is close to 100 ko artists when we are talking ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnThomas1
          jabsRstiff

this is exactly my point, it is a disgrace he is not placed better. Spinks was a one punch ko artist with either hand at LH and has a few of the best ko's ever. Agree about Haglertoo, a strong puncher but not a ko artist. Surely there is close to 100 ko artists when we are talking ever.

Sorry, I misread your post !

Comment

tyson should be at least to 5 he wasnt south paw or orthodyx when he punched usually cause he had knock out power in both hands. ive seen him knockdown and hurt someone with a single jab that alone should catipult him way up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H
              Having Sonny Liston and Michael Spinks so high on the list compared with the other boxers is a bit of a joke
              Ali said that Liston hit harder than Foreman.

Chuvalo is not even on the list.

Marciano is way below Louis.

No one should take this list seriously.

Comment

The Ring's list is of "the greatest punchers" not "the most powerful punchers"; it is not based purely on power. Though power is the main characteristic, being a good puncher consists of form, accuracy, precision, handspeed, and ability to put punches together. With that in mind, i agree with The Ring's selection of Joe Louis at #1.

As for the rest of the list, i have my disagreements, but that's with any list.

Comment

Joe Louis is definetley #1. No one else has punches that contain as much power, accuracy, speed, and precision like Louis.

I think Tyson could definetly move up. He was like Louis, but with a bit more power, but lacking the accuracy and handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpanther
                    I have a number of issues with the list:

I refuse to believe that in the history of boxing there are not 100 fighters who banged harder than RJJ and Holyfield.
                    Me too,poor list.

Comment

I think Gerald McClellan is the hardest puncher at 160 ever. He has like 20 first round KO's in 27 fights or something. Alot of them are pretty brutal too. He should be ranked higher.
                      Last edited by The Troll; 09-10-2005, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X