Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Exits from the Sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano and Ricardo Lopez are my top choices. So many greats had great exits but it didn't stick.

Comment

Just to even up the score as I was quite critcal of him in a few posts i'd nominate Tony Zale. Lost his MW title to Cerdan and retired, for my money Zale in that fight was the definition of being carried out on your shield

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Just to even up the score as I was quite critcal of him in a few posts i'd nominate Tony Zale. Lost his MW title to Cerdan and retired, for my money Zale in that fight was the definition of being carried out on your shield
        Zale is a great mention, can't believe I forgot him.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
          Lennox Lewis for sure.

Beaten everyman he's EVER faced.

He beat the best of the past, Present (for his time), and the future (VK)
          ye he went out well

beating a future ATG HW despite being past his prime,he retired at the right time

Comment

........................................Johnny Pritchett.........................................

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
              Obviously I'm not including guys who initially retired in a good way, then came back - there are plenty of this type (Louis and Arguello were mentioned). Tunney is a good pick.
              I agree Tunney is a good pick: Retired with the belt and never made a sad comeback.

Poet

Comment

I would add Duilio Loi and Carlos Monzon.

Comment

Working...
                X