Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano's Most Impressive Performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano's Most Impressive Performance?

And give reason behind you pick.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jersey Joe, because you better believe anybody that bet on Rocky was pulling their hair out before he pulled off that KO.

Comment

Between the first Walcott fight, where he got off the floor and was being out boxed for 13 rounds, the second Charles fight, where he came back from getting his nose split open

and the Moore fight where he came off the floor, all three which he won by knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Between the first Walcott fight, where he got off the floor and was being out boxed for 13 rounds, the second Charles fight, where he came back from getting his nose split open

and the Moore fight where he came off the floor, all three which he won by knockout.
          I'd say the second Charles fight. To carry on with such determination and no thought about such a grotesque cut is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I'd say the second Charles fight. To carry on with such determination and no thought about such a grotesque cut is incredible.
            Have to agree.. Charles was a master boxer and was in the process of dissecting the Rock.. I'd hate to think what he put himself through in training, you can see just by looking at the photo, the sort of physical condition he's in.. He's even got bed springs as ribs lol..

Comment

It's always worth people considering the 1st Walcott fight and the 2nd Charles fight before writing Marciano's chances off against every HW like some do.

He showed against Walcott that it only takes a second to win a fight and that he could absorb a phenominal amount of punishment. So you have to go 15 rounds without making a mistake. Big ask that.

Charles he again showed the punishment he could take and his tremendous heart.

Some fighter Marciano

Comment

He was pretty much dominating Charles outside of the elbow cutting his nose in the second fight, while the first fight had been competitive all the way. Impressive but Charles did seem to decline between these two fights and declined even more so afterwards.

The second LaStarza fight displayed improved defense on Marciano's part although LaStarza did take a lead on the scorecads early. However it was obvious by the middle rounds that Roland couldn't last under the pressure and Marciano beat LaStarza up until he could no longer keep his hands up at all.

The second Walcott fight was probably Marciano's most impressive on paper, considering that he knocked out a man he had gone through hell for 13 rounds with in just one round. But Walcott did not seem to put up much of an effort in there. No one was ever the same after fighting Marciano, outside of maybe Archie Moore.

Comment

Honestly,

It was the Joe Louis fight. I have never seen Rocky look so fast on film. His movement was spectacular that night. He was 28 in the prime of his life. His one punch power was at its peak. He had more steam in his fists in 51, than his later fights in 54-55. Rocky literally picked apart and brutally knocked out a 6'2 214lb top contender in Louis. Yes, Louis was far past his prime, but even at that stage of his career Louis was still a good fighter.

I think Rocky really showed up that night. He took Louis seriously.

Comment

"Moore stated, after the fight, that fighting Marciano was "like fighting an airplane propeller."

that always made me laugh. anyway, i guess i'll be unoriginal and say marciano-walcott 1. i don't think he ever took a single step back in that fight, or even stopped walking forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X