No announcement yet.

How bad did the loss to Leonard hurt Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Juanita Leonard the wife of Sugar Ray herself said "I thought Hagler won the fight" so if a fighter's own wife think he loss than i am sure Tobylee is entitled to his opinion.
    she prolly said that out of spite....she couldnt have believed it at the time because she ran up to ray all happy...if she believed it at the time she wouldve looked like they doged a bullet...

Comment

Originally posted by carlos slim View Post
      she prolly said that out of spite....she couldnt have believed it at the time because she ran up to ray all happy...if she believed it at the time she wouldve looked like they doged a bullet...
      Yes she probably was happy that he lasted all 12 rounds when she came and kissed him. People were just shocked he survived as even the commentators thought he did much better than they thought possible.

Trinidad looked happy when he got the decision against DLH and Froch also when he got a split decision win against Andre Dirrell. SRL never admitted to losing Hearns in the second fight but years later told Hearns he loss the second fight. I myself still had SRL winning 113-112.

Comment

When did Juanita say that? After Ray slugged her with a left hook?

Anyway I had the fight even at 114. Don't have a problem with the decision, just the 118-110 card.

Comment

Yes she probably was happy that he lasted all 12 rounds when she came and kissed him. People were just shocked he survived as even the commentators thought he did much better than they thought possible.

Trinidad looked happy when he got the decision against DLH and Froch also when he got a split decision win against Andre Dirrell. SRL never admitted to losing Hearns in the second fight but years later told Hearns he loss the second fight. I myself still had SRL winning 113-112.
          to me trinidad and froch looked more relieved than anything especially trinidad...if she was just glad he survived 12 rounds she wouldnt have been that happy...she wouldve tried to console him or something....

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
            Hagler's age had never been questioned

Perhaps you need to wax and clean your troll ears and listen to the commentary of Hagler's fights. The issue was bought up. I even think the commentators were british; hard to think that if that issue was never discussed that people working at the BBC would hear about it. I have those fights on DVD and heard the comments.

There have been stories that he used a different age as an amateur. The story is that he wanted to compete in the Golden Gloves and was only 15 and lied about his age as being 17. It also raises the reverse question- if he was born in 1954 than how was he able to fight in the Golden Gloves in 1969 at age 15?

Does his age matter much? I think the fact that he was fighting guys like Duran, Roldan,Hearns, and Mugabi aged him significantly.

I notice you didn't address any other aspect of my post about the glove size, ring size, and 12 rds instead of 15? Also why didn't the fight take place years ago when Hagler had called him out since the early 1980's?

Also what is your opinion on the HBO microphone picking up the audible "you beat me" was that also something that was just made up in thin air?

Comment

Perhaps you need to wax and clean your troll ears and listen to the commentary of Hagler's fights. The issue was bought up. I even think the commentators were british; hard to think that if that issue was never discussed that people working at the BBC would hear about it. I have those fights on DVD and heard the comments.

There have been stories that he used a different age as an amateur. The story is that he wanted to compete in the Golden Gloves and was only 15 and lied about his age as being 17. It also raises the reverse question- if he was born in 1954 than how was he able to fight in the Golden Gloves in 1969 at age 15?

Does his age matter much? I think the fact that he was fighting guys like Duran, Roldan,Hearns, and Mugabi aged him significantly.

I notice you didn't address any other aspect of my post about the glove size, ring size, and 12 rds instead of 15? Also why didn't the fight take place years ago when Hagler had called him out since the early 1980's?

Also what is your opinion on the HBO microphone picking up the audible "you beat me" was that also something that was just made up in thin air?

Perhaps you stop lying.You're making yourself look more ****** through each post.

What part of Hagler lied about his age,adding two years and later being exposed once he legally changed his name in court do you fail to understand?

You brought up his age,so yes,it does matter.Lengthy hiatus's from the ring for a fighter who's greatest assets are his speed and timing are also going to age a fighter....not to mention a three year addiction to *******.

Why would I need to address any other aspects of your post? If you want to act as an apologist for Hagler then that's your prerogative.

The last time I checked,Hagler and his team agreed to all of Leonards requests as most,including Hagler himself, felt that it shouldn't have prevented Hagler from doing anything that he could have done in a phone booth,with loaded gloves and an unlimited amount of time to do so.

um......because Leonard was retired.

My opinion is that you just took a quick look on Marvin Hagler's wikipedia page.
              Last edited by Snopkins; 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Perhaps you stop lying.You're making yourself look more ****** through each post.

What part of Hagler lied about his age,adding two years and later being exposed once he legally changed his name in court do you fail to understand?

You brought up his age,so yes,it does matter.Lengthy hiatus's from the ring for a fighter who's greatest assets are his speed and timing are also going to age a fighter....not to mention a three year addiction to *******.

Why would I need to address any other aspects of your post? If you want to act as an apologist for Hagler then that's your prerogative.

The last time I checked,Hagler and his team agreed to all of Leonards requests as most,including Hagler himself, felt that it shouldn't have prevented Hagler from doing anything that he could have done in a phone booth,with loaded gloves and an unlimited amount of time to do so.

um......because Leonard was retired.

My opinion is that you just took a quick look on Marvin Hagler's wikipedia page.

He agreed reluctantly simply because he would be classified as a "Ducker." Although the fact is that SRL wanted no part of Hagler in his prime. Hagler called him out several times in front of his face. Once after the Roldan fight and SRL said nothing, also i believe after the 2nd fight with Obeljimas in Italy, the fight which was in a vintage theatre. You can't get that info just reading a wiki page or boxrec.

You display Foreman on your signature putting Frazier on ***** street but how does Foreman look when a post hiatus Ali was able to destroy him in 8 rds? The same Ali who had already loss to Frazier a few years earlier. Imagine if Foreman was facing the Ali of the Cleveland Williams and Sonny Liston era? Scratch that how about the one from the first Chuvalo fight who took low blow after low blow?

But you just cherry pick to what fits the troll mentality. You think Duran, Hagler, Frazier, and Holmes are garbage. Of course, you wlll find anything to troll on even if it is trivial.

It's not easy to get banned several times from a site. When you were in the past alt you said i was a worthless poster but than cried when 80% of the posters disagreed with you.

You said the age thing was never questioned but that has been exposed, but if i was a liar as you claim i would be banned several times as you have been.

Also to show your ignorance ******* is a stimulant and that is why its a banned substance. SRL passed all his medical tests and the fight was sanctioned by the NSAC, you think SRL would have taken the fight if he was having withdrawal?

I never been banned once but you have had several alts in a period of several months- That speaks Volumes as your credibility and worthiness as a poster. I am still on the green even after you threw Red K and called me a "CU*T", but you are swarmed with Red.

Comment

I can't even remember this thread that you speak of.It's hardly surprising to see someone as insecure as yourself creating such threads.

Stop trolling,malone.Go create your own sad,perverted threads yourself.
                  It was a poll, me vs the Alts = You.. And You got his arse kicked..

And i see other posters have created similar polls, exposing your ******ity..

It's common knowledge that Hagler's age is controversial.. So are the age's of Sonny Liston, Archie Moore and Dennis Andries.. Hagler falls into the same category and there'll be several others too.. It wasn't at all uncommon for fighters to lie (or helped to lie) about their ages in order to progress more quickly..

I see you got the dates of Leonard's divorce in a mucking fuddle aswell..

Comment

Marvellous

won the hardest fight of all, staying outta the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      I see you got the dates of Leonard's divorce in a mucking fuddle aswell..
                      What doesn't the cucking funt muddle up?

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X