Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Accomplished HW Lennox Lewis Or Joe Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
    Murad Muhammad, Jones's promoter:

Another article further down:

http://www.aussiebox.com.au/jones.html

Herbie Hide beat Bent to get the WBO title and lost it in his next defence to Bowe. Hide was never a big name in the UK, where I also live, he also has never beat anyone worth mentioning at hw

Holyfield didnt even have a belt, when Tyson agreed to fight him he was also 2-2 in his last 4 fights and considered a fighter on the slide at the time

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...der-holyfield/
    Tyson wanted nothing to do with Lewis so he could fight a shot Holyfield, who team Tyson fought was going to be easy pickings.

Teddy Atlas in his autobiography states that he wanted Moorer to have nothing to do with Lewis because he saw him as a high risk opponent
    All you have to do is look at Moorer performance in the Holyfield I fight to see that he was never going to be a good hw champion.

Ruiz wouldnt start hitting and holding until after he got blasted out by Tua in 20 seconds 2 years later in 96. You are also going to have to do better then: "word is from guys who were there," as well and quote a source

Ruiz worked his way up the rankings by fighting nobodies, he also went 1-1-1 with Holyfield nothing really to brag about. And I thought Holyfield should of got the nod in their last fight as well. The fact that he put Holyfield on the floor is neither here nor there, Holyfield has been dropped by: Bowe*2, Cooper and Toney

Why would Lewis care what King wanted he avoided having anything to do with him for most of his career.Styles make fights the fact that Byrd beat Holyfield more convincing means nothing or are you trying to use triangular theory here? Th rest of this I have already answered in another post, you should go and read the Lennox Lewis bio called Mamas boy

It was the other way around, how could a mandatory challenger make such demands? Also if Lewis was to blame then why didnt the WBC simply drop him from their rankings instead of stripping Bowe?

We should believe something, because Bowe has said it? Also do you have a sourse for any of this stuff?

Link?

Link?

I think you are kidding yourself with this stuff.
    Hide was a 2 time WBO champion and his fights was shown `live on UK TV.. Hide repeatedly called out Lewis as did the British press..

Tyson vs Holyfield was a $30 million payday for Tyson.. No-one gave Lewis a chance of lasting one round against Tyson, Lewis had not even lasted 2rds against one of Tyson`s sparring partners in McCall... Holyfield was the bigger fight yet you are twisting it into claiming Tyson was `afraid`

Ruiz was a novice when caught with the first punch of the fight by Tua...he fought his way to be No1 contender over the next 4yrs... The source for the sparring is the Boxing News weekly magazine.

David Tua wanted no rematch with Ruiz in 2000

you say in your opinion Holyfield should have got the nod in their 3rd fight.. just like IMO Holyfield was a clear winner in his 2nd fight with Lewis as well as the opinion of most ringside observers.

Lewis dumped the belt rather than fight Chris Byrd on the advice of King...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...xing_champions

It was Lewis not Bowe who made the demands and priced himself out of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Lewis turned down an offer to fight Bowe in

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ewman-dan-duva

Why not believe what Bowe is saying.. is he known for telling lies?... or is Lewis known for telling lies like when he told the boxing world he would fight Vitali in a rematch yet dragged it out for 12 months+ then announced he was quitting.

The Link for Cory Sanders is in the Lewis vs McCall fight program

Comment

• The level of ignorance and stupity I'm seeing from a number of posters on both sides of this argument makes me seriously fear for the survival of the species

Poet

Comment

• Lewis has a lot of good wins but no great wins.

Frazier doesn't have as many good wins, but he does have a great win. Ali Frazier 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
          I like how you changed your story there.

Show me one article to back this version of events up.

That make no sense as I have pointed out before in a earlier post, tell me one high risk opponent Bowe has ever fought?
          ive not changed my story.. you claimed Holyfield went to court to get himself out of fighting Ruddock so that he could fight Bowe.. i said that never happened, Holyfield went to court to stop his undisputed title being fragmented...

Holyfield would have had to wait 6 months to fight Ruddock because Ruddock was committed to fighting Lewis in Oct 92 and by the time he had fought Bowe who was the WBA No1 contender it would have been 6 months before he could have faced Ruddock... you go by WBC only, not the other governing bodies rules or the undisputed champions wishes... Lennox Lewis avoided more No1 contenders than any Heavyweight Champion in history..

High risk opponents Riddick Bowe fought - Tony Tubbs 29-2, Bruce Seldon 18-1, Pierre Coetze 39-2, Evander Holyfield 28-0 (Trilogy).. Herbie Hide 26-0, Larry Donald 16-0, Jorge Louis Gonzalez 23-0, Andrew Golota 28-0 a combined record of 263-6

show me the high risk opponents Lewis fought?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            ive not changed my story.. you claimed Holyfield went to court to get himself out of fighting Ruddock so that he could fight Bowe.. i said that never happened, Holyfield went to court to stop his undisputed title being fragmented...

Holyfield would have had to wait 6 months to fight Ruddock because Ruddock was committed to fighting Lewis in Oct 92 and by the time he had fought Bowe who was the WBA No1 contender it would have been 6 months before he could have faced Ruddock... you go by WBC only, not the other governing bodies rules or the undisputed champions wishes... Lennox Lewis avoided more No1 contenders than any Heavyweight Champion in history..

High risk opponents Riddick Bowe fought - Tony Tubbs 29-2, Bruce Seldon 18-1, Pierre Coetze 39-2, Evander Holyfield 28-0 (Trilogy).. Herbie Hide 26-0, Larry Donald 16-0, Jorge Louis Gonzalez 23-0, Andrew Golota 28-0 a combined record of 263-6

show me the high risk opponents Lewis fought?
            I'm sorry but Tony Tubbs, Bruce Seldon, Pierre Coetze, Herbie Hide, Larry Donald, and Jorge Louis Gonzalez were about as high-risk as fighting Betty Boop.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              I'm sorry but Tony Tubbs, Bruce Seldon, Pierre Coetze, Herbie Hide, Larry Donald, and Jorge Louis Gonzalez were about as high-risk as fighting Betty Boop.

Poet
              Tubbs, Seldon & Hide all held world titles.. Coetzer was a big tough, rugged guy, Larry Donald was a runner and undefeated, Gonzalez held wins over both Bowe & Lewis in the amateurs and was undefeated - and all was contenders... yet Bowe looked spectacular against them all with the exception of Tubbs who was a very underated boxer

Comment

Tubbs, Seldon & Hide all held world titles.. Coetzer was a big tough, rugged guy, Larry Donald was a runner and undefeated, Gonzalez held wins over both Bowe & Lewis in the amateurs and was undefeated - and all was contenders... yet Bowe looked spectacular against them all with the exception of Tubbs who was a very underated boxer
                So did Trevor Berbick. In an age when belts are handed out like side-show trinkets having one at one time says nothing about how dangerous a fighter is.

Poet

Comment

So did Trevor Berbick. In an age when belts are handed out like side-show trinkets having one at one time says nothing about how dangerous a fighter is.

Poet
                  you are underestimating Trevor Berbick - Berbick took a `Peak Larry Holmes the full 15rds.. He KOd Big John Tate who was a good fighter.. Berbick took the title off a peak Pink Thomas, beat Greg Page, Mitch Green & David Bey, even at aged 42yrs he went the distance with Hasim Rahman... Boxing fans remember Berbick for getting blasted by Mike Tyson and remember Michael Spinks just the same, when the truth is that is not the case, Berbick was a rough, tough guy, not skillful but rough & tough.... would Hasim Rahman have beaten a 28yrs old Berbick?

Comment

you are underestimating Trevor Berbick - Berbick took a `Peak Larry Holmes the full 15rds.. He KOd Big John Tate who was a good fighter.. Berbick took the title off a peak Pink Thomas, beat Greg Page, Mitch Green & David Bey, even at aged 42yrs he went the distance with Hasim Rahman... Boxing fans remember Berbick for getting blasted by Mike Tyson and remember Michael Spinks just the same, when the truth is that is not the case, Berbick was a rough, tough guy, not skillful but rough & tough.... would Hasim Rahman have beaten a 28yrs old Berbick?
                    I remember Berbick's ENTIRE career and he was the worst fighter ever to hold a version of the Heavyweight crown. And yes, Rahman would have beaten him. Berbick beat a coked out Thomas, an obese Page, and Green and Bey where journeymen AT BEST.

Poet

Comment

I remember Berbick's ENTIRE career and he was the worst fighter ever to hold a version of the Heavyweight crown. And yes, Rahman would have beaten him. Berbick beat a coked out Thomas, an obese Page, and Green and Bey where journeymen AT BEST.

Poet
                      Hasim Rahman is the worst champion in history..i suggest you watch Holmes vs Bey

Comment

Working...
                      X