No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Jake Lamotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    Yes, if he only had a single win over Ray Robinson then I agree that he wouldn't deserve to be rated as highly either, but he defeated countless top ranked middleweights also. He was the only man to defeat Ray Robinson in the 1940's and he did have other close fights with Robinson as well, ones that could have arguably gone his way. He proved that he was not a Buster Douglas over his career by defeating some of the best fighters of the 1940's.

I'm not saying that he was anywhere near as great as Sugar Ray Robinson but it was no fluke that he defeated Robinson.
    I'm not trying to argue with you I accept you're more knowledgeable on this subject than myself. All I've seen are what I can find on youtube, ESPN Classic and random books and documentaries Ive picked up.At 160 how many times do you think LaMotta beats Roy Jones in a 6 match series? and How many times do you think Roy could defeat SRR at 160 in a 6 match series?

Comment

Roy Jones is too fast and too skilled for a guy like LaMotta. RJJ in his prime is phenomenal and on another level. LaMotta's chin will only get him so far, RJJ wins an easy UD and LaMotta eats jabs for 12 rounds.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr !!

Comment

I think Jake gives Roy some of the same problems he gave Ray. Roy was great and he would be all over Jake in the early rounds, popping and moving, just way too fast. But Jake would stalk and press, keep coming, keep coming, taking shots but still coming and eventually Roy would start getting hit a bit, and would be wearing down by fights end. I still think he takes a UD, but a fairly competitive one. He wouldn't be playing Ball in the morning before this fight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Like how he decked Bernard Hopkins, Jorge Castro and Fermin Chirino at middleweight?
            like he decked James Toney, Virgil Hill, Reggie Johnson, Montell Griffin, Mike McCallum, Tony Thornton and dont forget Danny Nardico had LaMotta over

Comment

Roy Jones Ko

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                Roy Jones Ko
                please tell me your joking

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                  Roy Jones Ko
                  lol, Lamotta isn't Ricky Hatton, he's not getting KO'd by a guy like Roy Jones.

Comment

Come now, as over rated as Jones is, he's still clearly on another level to Jake LaMotta. Shouldn't even be a debate.

Comment

I've been searching Jones' resume for a win the caliber of Sugar Ray Robinson.

Not much luck so far, can anyone help me out?

Comment

Working...
                      X