Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Jake Lamotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not diss Jake Lamotta, when The Great A is around!

Comment

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
      You do not diss Jake Lamotta, when The Great A is around!
      You dont diss RJ when The Reed is around

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
        they didn't block with their faces tho did they?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          You dont diss RJ when The Reed is around

You also don't diss, Carlos Monzon when Joey Giardello is around!

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
            jake lamotta
            What were Lamotto's achievements?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              Because Hopkins was such a great defensive artist in the early 1990's? He went in face first and slugged, although he was much more cautious against Jones.

LaMotta did certainly have better defense than Jorge Castro who was a human punching bag yet went the distance with Roy Jones.

Hopkins was never a slugger.He wasn't as crafty as he later became,but he was never a brawler.

Hopkins put on one of his greatest ever performances against Mercado in the rematch.Mercado couldn't touch Hopkins but got touched plenty with right hands.

Everyone knows Castro has a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Because Hopkins was such a great defensive artist in the early 1990's? He went in face first and slugged, although he was much more cautious against Jones.

LaMotta did certainly have better defense than Jorge Castro who was a human punching bag yet went the distance with Roy Jones.
                Any of Hopkins fights other than the one with Roy are irrelevant in this discussion. I can understand why you took my post the way you did, but Roy would have more opportunities of landing big shots on LaMotta than he did on BHop. I don't feel Roy could put down LaMotta either instead I see a UD win, I just feel your post would have been better had you omitted BHop from your list of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
                  Hopkins was never a slugger.He wasn't as crafty as he later became,but he was never a brawler.

Hopkins put on one of his greatest ever performances against Mercado in the rematch.Mercado couldn't touch Hopkins but got touched plenty with right hands.
                  He was a slugger. I'm not saying that he couldn't box, but he did slug early on in his career. In some fights he would be more cautious, like the Roy Jones fight, but in some fights he was simply a slugger. He was far from the crafty defensive fighter that he later became. I'd say that the first and second Mercado fights were the turning point of his career.

Everyone knows Castro has a great chin.
                  And everyone knows LaMotta's chin was glass, right? The point is, if Roy didn't deck Castro at middleweight then the chances of him decking a prime LaMotta are slim.

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
                    What were Lamotto's achievements?
                    He took the unbeaten record of the greatest fighter of all time in ray robinson, was rated the number 1 middleweight for years but couldnt get a title shot, a king without a crown the ring ****zine use to call him, even when he was still just past his prime he had enough left to stop french harman and all time great himself marcel cerden to finally become middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                      He took the unbeaten record of the greatest fighter of all time in ray robinson, was rated the number 1 middleweight for years but couldnt get a title shot, a king without a crown the ring ****zine use to call him, even when he was still just past his prime he had enough left to stop french harman and all time great himself marcel cerden to finally become middleweight champion.
                      Thanks for replying. I havent seen any of his fights. Which ones would you recommend?

Comment

Working...
                      X