No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes vs Floyd Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
    get back to me when you have made up your mind.. funny how i guessed you would avoid answering Cooney had be to his finest hour..

are you saying David Bey was not the "unluckiest fighter not to win the title"?
    That's not what i wrote..
    Cooney had to be his finest hour....well what was your post saying "Oh for fux sake" ment to be insinuating at... because i take it at meaning that you disagree with me taking Patterson over Holmes.. But the difference between me and you is night & day on this sport, i happen to have watched around 30 fights of Floyd Patterson and around 40 fights of Larry Holmes where as you will have watched Patterson vs Liston 1 & 2 and Holmes vs Ali & Tyson... IMO Floyd Patterson was vastly superior in boxing skills, speed & punch-Power than Larry Holmes... if Renaldo Snipes & Ibar Arrington can put Holmes on the canvas the Floyd Patterson would poleaxe him... Patterson is vastly underated.. i suggest you go watch his FOTY from 1965 against George Chuvalo

Comment

where as you will have watched Patterson vs Liston 1 & 2 and Holmes vs Ali & Tyson...

Mistic Meg

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        where as you will have watched Patterson vs Liston 1 & 2 and Holmes vs Ali & Tyson...

Mistic Meg
        what fights of these two have you watched then?
        i will ask you a couple of questions on them like i did with Wills vs Dokes

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Do you want me to jump through hoops for you aswell?

Comment

larry holmes , of course , ali did it twice , badly.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
              larry holmes , of course , ali did it twice , badly.
              Patterson had an injured back in there first fight and couldnt move properly and in there 2nd fight he was old.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                Patterson had an injured back in there first fight and couldnt move properly and in there 2nd fight he was old.
                One could argue that Patterson was never the same after back to back demolitions by Liston. Or that Holmes. is. not. Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  I'm sure you were ringside for all thee Patterson Vs. Johannson trists

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                    Patterson litterally has no chance in hell of winning this. Horrible mismatch. Everyone Ali beat, Holmes also beats.
                    I think Holmes may have some real problems with Liston, Foreman and Frazier.

On the original subject, I think Holmes's jab is too much for the smaller Patterson who would have some severe difficulties trying to find an answer for it. He keeps the fight interesting though as he does land his trademark left hook enough during periods were Holmes's gets too mechanical and to keep the fight competitive but I think in the end he never solves the problem of giving up so much reach to Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                    X