No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes vs Floyd Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
    This could be an intresting matchup, who would you have?
    I love Patterson, he's one of my all-time favorite fighters, and he's a near-great Heavyweight, but he's NOT beating Holmes who's a top-five ATG Heavy.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      Patterson litterally has no chance in hell of winning this. Horrible mismatch. Everyone Ali beat, Holmes also beats.
      Frazier, Foreman, Quarry, Lyle, Liston to name a few.. IMO Holmes would be brutally beaten by Frazier and struggle with the others

Comment

Holmes was simply a better Heavyweight. As for being Knocked Out, Patterson had a terrible chin. If someone could beat him easily, they could knock him out. Holmes would knock him out good.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          what was Larry Holmes greatest win?
          Not that my opinion means anything, but how's about the 'unluckiest man never to win it,' David Bey? or 'top heavyweight,' Trevor Berbick?.. Or shall we go for Weaver, Norton or Cooney?.. can't decide.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            Not that my opinion means anything, but how's about the 'unluckiest man never to win it,' David Bey? or 'top heavyweight,' Trevor Berbick?.. Or shall we go for Weaver, Norton or Cooney?.. can't decide.
            get back to me when you have made up your mind.. funny how i guessed you would avoid answering

Comment

are you saying David Bey was not the "unluckiest fighter not to win the title"?

Comment

get back to me when you have made up your mind.. funny how i guessed you would avoid answering Cooney had be to his finest hour..

That's not what i wrote..

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                  Patterson litterally has no chance in hell of winning this. Horrible mismatch. Everyone Ali beat, Holmes also beats.
                  Can always count on you for a bit of humor. If Foreman hadn't retired, no one would know who Holmes is.

Too bad Holmes ducked Dokes, we might have seen how he'd have done with a fighter with near Patterson's hand speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    get back to me when you have made up your mind.. funny how i guessed you would avoid answering Cooney had be to his finest hour..

That's not what i wrote..
                    Cooney had to be his finest hour....well what was your post saying "Oh for fux sake" ment to be insinuating at... because i take it at meaning that you disagree with me taking Patterson over Holmes.. But the difference between me and you is night & day on this sport, i happen to have watched around 30 fights of Floyd Patterson and around 40 fights of Larry Holmes where as you will have watched Patterson vs Liston 1 & 2 and Holmes vs Ali & Tyson... IMO Floyd Patterson was vastly superior in boxing skills, speed & punch-Power than Larry Holmes... if Renaldo Snipes & Ibar Arrington can put Holmes on the canvas then Floyd Patterson would poleaxe him... Patterson is vastly underated.. i suggest you go watch his FOTY from 1965 against George Chuvalo

Comment

I thinks this would be a good fight beacuse Holmes was not a real hard puncher and although i think Holmes would win i could see Patterson causing him problems and taking a number of rounds. Patterson doesnt do well against power punchers but Holmes was not a knock out artist so I think Patterson would last a fair number of rounds and put up a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X