Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Joe Louis do against these fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarshipTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
    louis massacred by tyson , decapitated by tua (in this one or another of the two first rounds) , abused by vitali klitschko (and probably by his lil' sis too) , schooled by byrd , and given fits by oliver mccall. he against foreman , frazier , shavers or lyle is a tough question.
    louis , a cruiserweight by modern means , with no speed and not a very good chin , could be a decent cruiserweight in our era , the better questions are : how he'd do against the likes of : adamek , haye , o'neil bell , johnny nelson , michael moorer , vassily jirov , juan carlos gomez , alfred cole , eddie chambers , ola afolabi , steve cunningham . remember : he was KO'd by schmelling , a real small cruiserweight in our era , 1:1 against him after all , and schmelling was shop-worn in thier rematch. a prime schmelling is p4p better than louis , and h2h at about the same level. louis is a cruiserweight , maintain that. so were most of his biggest opponents (Baer 203 vs. schmelling , could make even 190 had he needed) .
    Sorry Bub. You don't get to go back and redefine boxing history to suit your agenda: Namely by going back and and reclassifying all pre-1960s Heavyweights as Cruisers. BTW, you're Klitschko2009 alt aren't you?

Poet

Leave a comment:

• frankenfrank
    replied
    Originally posted by louis54 View Post
    louis kos tyson and foreman and decisions liston.
    louis massacred by tyson , decapitated by tua (in this one or another of the two first rounds) , abused by vitali klitschko (and probably by his lil' sis too) , schooled by byrd , and given fits by oliver mccall. he against foreman , frazier , shavers or lyle is a tough question.
    louis , a cruiserweight by modern means , with no speed and not a very good chin , could be a decent cruiserweight in our era , the better questions are : how he'd do against the likes of : adamek , haye , o'neil bell , johnny nelson , michael moorer , vassily jirov , juan carlos gomez , alfred cole , eddie chambers , ola afolabi , steve cunningham . remember : he was KO'd by schmelling , a real small cruiserweight in our era , 1:1 against him after all , and schmelling was shop-worn in thier rematch. a prime schmelling is p4p better than louis , and h2h at about the same level. louis is a cruiserweight , maintain that. so were most of his biggest opponents (Baer 203 vs. schmelling , could make even 190 had he needed) .

Leave a comment:

• louis54
    replied
    louis kos tyson and foreman and decisions liston.

Leave a comment:

• StarshipTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    If you weren't so old I might have a little fun with this, but I honestly feel sorry for you. I'm not gonna take cheap shots at a guy who's probably suicidal as it is. I'm sorry for the hand you were dealt in life.
    You'd be better off saving your pity for someone who actually needs it: You know, someone like yourself! Flip dem burgers Junior

Poet

Leave a comment:

• CarlosG815
    replied
    Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    And you're what? 14 and spending all your time looking at Mike Tyson posters with your pants around your ankles? BTW, your nuthugging posts make you look as moronic as I'm sure you are in real life. 50 years from now when you retire from a rewarding career of asking "would you like fries with that?" I'm sure you'll look back on your life and wonder why daddy didn't smack some sense into you and you'll take another pull on your bottle of Colt 45 and look for a nice warm subway grate to go nappy on. Have a nice day!

Poet
    If you weren't so old I might have a little fun with this, but I honestly feel sorry for you. I'm not gonna take cheap shots at a guy who's probably suicidal as it is. I'm sorry for the hand you were dealt in life.

Leave a comment:

• StarshipTrooper
    replied
    You're 41 man, time to move out of your mom's basement and find a woman. Your instigating ways are childish and make you look as pathetic online as I'm certain you are in real life.
    And you're what? 14 and spending all your time looking at Mike Tyson posters with your pants around your ankles? BTW, your nuthugging posts make you look as moronic as I'm sure you are in real life. 50 years from now when you retire from a rewarding career of asking "would you like fries with that?" I'm sure you'll look back on your life and wonder why daddy didn't smack some sense into you and you'll take another pull on your bottle of Colt 45 and look for a nice warm subway grate to go nappy on. Have a nice day!

Poet

Leave a comment:

• CarlosG815
    replied
    Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Oh here we go: The "Tyson was sedated" mantra starts

Poet
    You're 41 man, time to move out of your mom's basement and find a woman. Your instigating ways are childish and make you look as pathetic online as I'm certain you are in real life.

Leave a comment:

• StarshipTrooper
    replied
    I said Holmes, although not prime, was still a contender at the time and could have beaten a lot of heavies. Tyson wasn't a contender when he fought Lewis, he was a bum without a chance in the world.

Tyson looked like he was on some sort of tranquilizer. He probably had enough drugs in his system to put out a horse.
    Oh here we go: The "Tyson was sedated" mantra starts

Poet

Leave a comment:

• CarlosG815
    replied
    Originally posted by jthoang View Post
    I read earlier in your post that you named Holmes as a quality win for Tyson. If you can't name a washed up Tyson for Lennox then why is it right to name a washed up Holmes for Tyson?
    I said Holmes, although not prime, was still a contender at the time and could have beaten a lot of heavies. Tyson wasn't a contender when he fought Lewis, he was a bum without a chance in the world.

Tyson looked like he was on some sort of tranquilizer. He probably had enough drugs in his system to put out a horse.

Leave a comment:

• jthoang
    replied
    I dunno if I'd call those "quality." I can see it helps support your point because those are big names, but those were not quality fighters at the time they fought Lennox.
    I read earlier in your post that you named Holmes as a quality win for Tyson. If you can't name a washed up Tyson for Lennox then why is it right to name a washed up Holmes for Tyson?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X