Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was it that Ray Robinson was the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    You didn't prove anything. Or actually you did. You fell into my trap, because you were exposed as a biased nuthugger who won't say anything negative about his 2 favorite fighters. It was right after I proved this that I saw that debating a lad like you is like hammering a brick wall. You can use blunt force all you want but it won't budge, mate.
    Jabs it counts as bullying to have a battle of wits and intelligence with someone who is un-armed so desist before I am forced to report you

Comment

You didn't prove anything. Or actually you did. You fell into my trap, because you were exposed as a biased nuthugger who won't say anything negative about his 2 favorite fighters. It was right after I proved this that I saw that debating a lad like you is like hammering a brick wall. You can use blunt force all you want but it won't budge, mate.
      Im happy to debate why I think Robinson's resume is superior to Louis or any other fighter you can name. Unfortunately you're to scared to present any facts for me to contradict. Seems to me you want me to debate myself and not you. Typical cowardly behavior from a **** poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Ram View Post
        ****ing ****er **** ur face!!!
        Normally I frown upon these types of responses. But considering who its directed at it's almost warranted. Had it been pointed towards a poster willing to actually back up what he says with logic and reason I probably would have red K'd you. Since it's not............

Word of advice though my man. Responses like this will not endear you to other knowledgeable posters here, and get you banned pretty quick. Try to keep your insults withing the realm of a boxing discussion and don't go overboard like this. All it is is food for the trolls like Slimey who really can't back up their opinions. Jmo.

Comment

And you can't count any of his losses before he was 40 because he was out of his weight class. And 40+ he was old already.
          That's how you built up an overrated legend into the myth he is.

Of course you don't take into consideration the wear and tear gathered over a 200 fight career against some of the best fighters all time, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
            WOW....just WOW....you have lost all credibility on this site....keep that ****ing stupid mouth shut
            He's never had any credibility on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              Jabs it counts as bullying to have a battle of wits and intelligence with someone who is un-armed so desist before I am forced to report you
              It is sort of like abusing the handicapped, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post

You may have only been joking here but your mate gabby and the other gremlin do actually go out of their way to report users who disagree with them.Gabby has even gone as far as to searching through my posts and handing out enough of these infractions to get my account suspended.

I'm still awaiting gabs to list James Toney's other bouts as a middleweight after his first fight with McCallum.And how Panama Lewis wasn't the corner man in one of Arturo Gatti's earlier bouts despite actual footage contradicting his claims.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Normally I frown upon these types of responses. But considering who its directed at it's almost warranted. Had it been pointed towards a poster willing to actually back up what he says with logic and reason I probably would have red K'd you. Since it's not............

Word of advice though my man. Responses like this will not endear you to other knowledgeable posters here, and get you banned pretty quick. Try to keep your insults withing the realm of a boxing discussion and don't go overboard like this. All it is is food for the trolls like Slimey who really can't back up their opinions. Jmo.

Quite amazing that you act as an apologist for a user who is willing to throw around racial slurs to make his point.

Comment

Haha, thx for the info guy's. And what a great internet bout'! You can't deny Robinson's skill, record, etc. And PHP there may be fighters that are better then him. And people back in the day rated him PHP the best because of how damn good he was compared to everyone else. But I think people continue to rank him PHP the best because of what he did for the sport, and how he made fighters what they are today. I mean Muhammad Ali watched his fights over and over again, and would try to emulate his style. Ali's arguebly the best(or close to the best) heavyweight champion of all time. But what do I know I'v only been into boxing since the start of the year haha.

Comment

He is the best because the MYTH has lived on. Over 95% of the people who will give their life to defend his "#1 GOAT fo sheezy" haven't seen more than 10 of his fights. He had a lot of flaws which weren't exposed enough because there weren't enough fighters ahead of their time to do it. People mostly give him this honor because of his stats. If that were the case then Chavez should be ranked a lot higher than he is. He was consistent but misses the quality of opposition like an Ali or Leonard to be ranked #1.
                    I know you lads will feel gooey after reading this but you just need to get used to hearing the truth. The Slimey one has spoken.

Originally posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
                    Haha, thx for the info guy's. And what a great internet bout'! You can't deny Robinson's skill, record, etc. And PHP there may be fighters that are better then him. And people back in the day rated him PHP the best because of how damn good he was compared to everyone else. But I think people continue to rank him PHP the best because of what he did for the sport, and how he made fighters what they are today. I mean Muhammad Ali watched his fights over and over again, and would try to emulate his style. Ali's arguebly the best(or close to the best) heavyweight champion of all time. But what do I know I'v only been into boxing since the start of the year haha.
                    It's P4P, not PHP. PHP is an internet programming language lol.

But yeah, everyone covered this pretty well. He was more dominant in his prime than anyone else in history. 128 wins with only one (decision) loss. That loss coming from another ATG Jake Lamotta and he avenged that loss 5 times and was the only person to genuinely stop Lamotta, who had, in my opinion, the best chin in the history of boxing.

The only person ever to stop Ray Robinson was God himself when he succumbed to 109 degree heat that had already claimed the referee.

Comment

stop making excuses maxim beat robinson plain and simple........if you go by that logic i guess liston never lost to ali then...........fact is the record speaks for itself...........

Comment

Working...
                      X