Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman's Fighting Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman is just an all time great, the disrespect is unbelievable, his record in the 70's should be enough, but added to what he achieved at a later stage in life means he's due respect in every quarter. If it wasn't for Ali i'd say Foreman was the best ever.

Comment

Thanks Ricecrispi at least a few guys here know their boxing.Now you can see how hard it is to find a post where white guys dont pull Rocky Marciano out of their ass trying to make him into something he never was.Marciano had skills but Foreman didnt?Do you watch boxing?Or do you just look at posters or Marciano and dream of having sex with him?Marciano had no skills at all.No jab poor hand speed and a weak defense combined with the fact as i said 1 million times he wasnt a real heavyweight but a cruiserweight or a slightly bigger light heavyweight.
      Foreman has poor stamina and didnt pace himself?Since when?He got tired in 2 fights the Ali and Young fight.Foreman has 80 plus fights and he gets tired in 2 so that means he has no stamina?Foreman went for the ko like any other guy who has a high knock out percentage goes for the Ko but when Maricano does it he is a great fighter but when Foreman does it something is wrong with him?Foreman was 45-2 with 42 kos in his career.The only fighter who did any real damage to him in his prime was Ron Lyle.Foreman was hit less in his prime than any other heavyweight in boxing history.But yet Maricano had a better defense right?He struggled to beat glass chin guys like Moore Walcott and Chareles the few black guys he fougth in his career but he is great right?Moore was a middleweight who moved up to light heavyweight but he still knocked Marciano down with one punch.Moore was knocked out at least 10 to 15 times in his career half by middleweights but it took Maricano 8 or 9 rounds to beat him.Marciano never fought any top fighters who were in their primes period.Never mind him fighting 230 plus pound true heavyweights but again he is praised as if he was some kind of god but Foreman is put down.Funny stuff.
      Foreman fought the way that best fit his talents.He didnt bounce around the ring talking about how pretty he was getting hit like Ali did and suffered brain damage .Foreman used his great jab to set up his other power punches and destroyed who ever stepped in the ring with him .Watch boxing know boxing just dont base what you read in some book or your daddy told you and use that as facts.

Comment

thats one fight i never saw. the lyle bout

Comment

Slipx i could send you the Lyle Foreman fight if you want me too.I am still uploading it but if you have yahoo or aol i could give you my screen name or you could give me yours and i will send it to you.This fight not only shows how tough Foreman was it shows how hard of a punch Lyle was.Lyle knocked down a prime Foreman 2 times in one round.Holyfield Morrison Cooney Moorer Briggs ect ect ect couldnt hurt a old Foreman.Which means Lyle hit harder than them all.Imagine if Lyle would of turned pro at a young age like most boxers instead of turning pro at 27 or 28 .Lyle was a great fighter

Comment

Interesting how when Marciano is knocked down twice in his career and never down for more than 3-4 four seconds at a time, he has a glass chin but Foreman was on the verge of being knocked out several times in that fight alone and you consider him invincible.

I have the Foreman-Lyle fight and it's one of the most exciting HW slugfests I've ever seen but it showed just how wild and crude Foreman could become when he was pressured. Lyle was anything but a great opponent. Powerful, a decent boxer, but far from great.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
              Thanks Ricecrispi at least a few guys here know their boxing.Now you can see how hard it is to find a post where white guys dont pull Rocky Marciano out of their ass trying to make him into something he never was.Marciano had skills but Foreman didnt?Do you watch boxing?Or do you just look at posters or Marciano and dream of having sex with him?Marciano had no skills at all.No jab poor hand speed and a weak defense combined with the fact as i said 1 million times he wasnt a real heavyweight but a cruiserweight or a slightly bigger light heavyweight.
              Foreman has poor stamina and didnt pace himself?Since when?He got tired in 2 fights the Ali and Young fight.Foreman has 80 plus fights and he gets tired in 2 so that means he has no stamina?Foreman went for the ko like any other guy who has a high knock out percentage goes for the Ko but when Maricano does it he is a great fighter but when Foreman does it something is wrong with him?Foreman was 45-2 with 42 kos in his career.The only fighter who did any real damage to him in his prime was Ron Lyle.Foreman was hit less in his prime than any other heavyweight in boxing history.But yet Maricano had a better defense right?He struggled to beat glass chin guys like Moore Walcott and Chareles the few black guys he fougth in his career but he is great right?Moore was a middleweight who moved up to light heavyweight but he still knocked Marciano down with one punch.Moore was knocked out at least 10 to 15 times in his career half by middleweights but it took Maricano 8 or 9 rounds to beat him.Marciano never fought any top fighters who were in their primes period.Never mind him fighting 230 plus pound true heavyweights but again he is praised as if he was some kind of god but Foreman is put down.Funny stuff.
              Foreman fought the way that best fit his talents.He didnt bounce around the ring talking about how pretty he was getting hit like Ali did and suffered brain damage .Foreman used his great jab to set up his other power punches and destroyed who ever stepped in the ring with him .Watch boxing know boxing just dont base what you read in some book or your daddy told you and use that as facts.
              Spot on

Comment

Lets see Marciano was dropped by Moore a natural middleweight and Walcott a guy who weighed maybe 190 and both Moore and Walcott were in their 40's when they fought Marciano and both Moore and Walcott had glass chins.Foreman was only hurt by the 225 plus pound Ron Lyle who at that time had only been down one time and that was to Shavers.Which one would you rather get knocked down to a 160 pound man with a glass chin or a 225 pound man with a pretty damn good chin?A heavwyweight knocked down Foreman and a middleweight knocked down Marciano but yet you think think Marciano could take Foremans punch?Or Tysons Tuas Bowes Shavers Lyles Ibeabuchi Lewis Frazier etc ect ect power?Kid you are are either a big racist or a complete idiot.In either case please do yourself a favor and do not respond to me anymore and i won't respond to you anymore.And boxclever thanks.People like you who know your boxing make coming to boxing forums fun.So thanks to all of the people in this forum who knows boxing and aren't blinded by skin color.Just tell it how it is not how you want it to be.

Comment

"Just tell it how it is not how you want it to be."

that's funny. hearns, read the entire thread from the top, guess who mentioned marciano first? no on was even talking about him until you did...

here's the facts, look at any, *any* top 10 heavy ranking from any
                  athority or boxing mag, you'll not only see marciano in top 10, you'll
                  see joe louis in top 3, consistently, yet you think marciano and louis
                  are bums. they're not bums. they are two great fighters who'd beat any of todays
                  heayweights, and yes, one happens to be black and one is white.

joe frazier fought at 205, marciano at 190, joe louis at 195, ali was only 210!
                  what's the difference?
                  why are you obsessed with weight?
                  alot of heavyweights come in with flabby guts and just
                  cuz they are 230lbs that makes them hard to beat? not.

joe frazier will knock guys like tyson and tua the **** out.
                  so would louis, so would marciano.
                  why does that bother you, cuz marciano is white?

yes, marciano was slow, was a slugger, fought inside,
                  but you know what? check what other heavyweights said
                  about him.
                  check google and see what other champs from the 50's,60's
                  and 70's said. nothin but respect.

btw, there's a difference between being knocked down and knocked the **** out.
                  lennox lewis, knocked the **** out twice, by two nobodies.
                  don't bring his name in with louis, marciano, and frazier, that's
                  ridiculous.
                  roy jones, god knows i love 'em, but knocked the **** out by tarver
                  and johnson? and he'll beat marciano or joe louis or frazier?
                  you can stop man, for real.

if lamotta and robinson never fought i bet you'd be the first to
                  say that lamotta wouldnt come close to beating robinson cuz
                  he's a slow white guy. i bet you would. sometimes there's more
                  too it than fast hands and "skills".

btw, what do you think of toney?
                  he's a solid heavyweight right?
                  he fought a great fight at cruiser how long ago?
                  last year? and he fought a great fight against a *gasp*
                  white boy. that guy jirov lost a great fight to toney,
                  then he got knocked out by moorer this year.
                  jirov was what? 200lbs? 210? moorer was 245?
                  anyway, what's my point?
                  jirov landed some good shots on moorers grill (he was up
                  on all the judges score cards when he got ko'd), if that
                  woulda been louis or marciano, moorer woulda been
                  taken out on a stretcher. maybe dead.
                  so there ya go. 6'2 245 black guy losing on all judges cards
                  to a not that good 200-something pound white guy.
                  oh, but i bet you think moorer would beat marciano right?
                  would he beat louis?
                  he'd beat neither of them.

btw, james toney, was 5'9 190lbs last year.
                  yes, he's put on some weight but guess what?
                  he is still 5'9 but now he's arguably the best heavyweight.
                  hmmm, 5'9 190lbs, sounds familiar doesn't it?

enough with the black/white thing already...

Comment

Is this still going, Foreman rules

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77
                      foreman pratically had no boxing skill and that's why he lost against ali. all he did was try to overpower him by widly swinging punches without hardly any accuracy, all being very wide. His style was open to all punches from ali and that's why he got hit so often.
                      Ali labelled him the mummy.
                      Foreman had no boxing skill? Did you even see him fight? The man had an AWESOME jab. He was a great boxer when he wanted to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X