Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the recent Andy Morris vs Gary Sykes fight was very good, not the best action fight out there but it had some nice ebbs and flows and had good action throughout. It could end up being one of the better British domestic fights of 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      Khaosai Galaxy's two wars with the aggressive brawler Kenji Matsumura are probably his most entertaining performances and well worth a watch, in both fights it was his strength and power that were the deciding factors but Matsumura put on brave performances in both.

Sun-Kil Moon's fight with Matsumura as well was entertaining and shaping up to be a great battle but it was cut short by a cut.

Paulus Moses' FOTY candidate last year (or the year before) against Yusuke Kobori was an excellent fight and really showcased his skills. It was close at times and Kobori was able to get his right hand home on numerous occasions especially through the first half but Moses had too much skill for him an took over down the home stretch for the most part.

Ernesto Zepeda-Omar Bernal was a knockdown, dragout brawl on Solo Boxeo a few years back. Not a lot of skill shown but as far as entertainment goes it didn't get much better and it ended with an excellent KO.
      Do you mean Khaokor or Khaosai?

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Do you mean Khaokor or Khaosai?
        I mean Khaosai dude

Comment

• Emanuel Augustus vs Jaime Rangel - Good, close fight with a high workrate and good action. Ended with a nice knockout. Augustus is rarely in a bad fight.

Last edited by Silencers; 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Emanuel Augustus vs Jaime Rangel - Good, close fight with a high workrate and good action. Ended with a nice knockout. Augustus is rarely in a bad fight.
            You're right about Augustus rarely being in a bad fight, more one sided than this one but one I enjoyed was Kid Diamond handling Emmanuel, more high workrate and Diamond really did look class in this fight as opposed to his next fight which was a good slugfest with Miguel Angel Huerta which he clearly lost to the bigger man but got a gift decision. Both were good fights an both are worth a watch IMO.

Comment

You're right about Augustus rarely being in a bad fight, more one sided than this one but one I enjoyed was Kid Diamond handling Emmanuel, more high workrate and Diamond really did look class in this fight as opposed to his next fight which was a good slugfest with Miguel Angel Huerta which he clearly lost to the bigger man but got a gift decision. Both were good fights an both are worth a watch IMO.
              The Diamond fight was OK too, I was surprised at how easily Diamond beat Augustus, expected it to be a tougher fight for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                The Diamond fight was OK too, I was surprised at how easily Diamond beat Augustus, expected it to be a tougher fight for him.
                That was my first look at Diamond, I remember it was at the time that Diamond's hype machine was in full swing and the commentators kept saying that he should get another big fight and me being somewhat ignorant of his quality I bought into it because he had the Kostya-like style and look to him and looked like a big puncher and when he threw over 1000 punches in that fight I really thought he was the real deal. The comes his fight with Huerta and he gets the **** beat out of him in a fight that I thought he was going to dominate. After that I thought Huerta was the real deal and going to go on to do bigger things and he gets beat by a faded Javier Juaregi, almost KO'd by a journeyman fighter who I never saw fight after that and handled by Alvarado. Not to mention Augustas looked really good against Courtney Burton on an ESPN card not to long before the Diamond fight.

That series of fights really sticks out in my mind just because it so perfectly illustrated how a certain can look really good against the right opponent and look awful in their next fight, it all seemed very odd to me how everyone of them turned out.

Also at the moment I'm watching Matthew Saad Muhammad against Jerry Martin, doesn't have the drama of Muhammad's fights with Lopez or Johnson but it is still a very entertaing war between two offense oriented fighters.
                Last edited by mhager91490; 04-01-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

That was my first look at Diamond, I remember it was at the time that Diamond's hype machine was in full swing and the commentators kept saying that he should get another big fight and me being somewhat ignorant of his quality I bought into it because he had the Kostya-like style and look to him and looked like a big puncher and when he threw over 1000 punches in that fight I really thought he was the real deal. The comes his fight with Huerta and he gets the **** beat out of him in a fight that I thought he was going to dominate. After that I thought Huerta was the real deal and going to go on to do bigger things and he gets beat by a faded Javier Juaregi, almost KO'd by a journeyman fighter who I never saw fight after that and handled by Alvarado. Not to mention Augustas looked really good against Courtney Burton on an ESPN card not to long before the Diamond fight.

That series of fights really sticks out in my mind just because it so perfectly illustrated how a certain can look really good against the right opponent and look awful in their next fight, it all seemed very odd to me how everyone of them turned out.

Also at the moment I'm watching Matthew Saad Muhammad against Jerry Martin, doesn't have the drama of Muhammad's fights with Lopez or Johnson but it is still a very entertaing war between two offense oriented fighters.
                  As you said, that perfectly illustrates how boxing works.

Saad was another one of those fighters who was rarely ever in a boring fight. One of the most consistently entertaining fighters I've ever seen.

Comment

• Azumah Nelson vs Jeff Fenech 1 & 2 - Both fights were really good for different reasons. Fenech-Nelson 1 was a fight fought at close range along the ropes for almost the entire fight with some great display of in fighting from both fighters, Nelson was coming off a bout of malaria and I believe he had elbow surgery not long before the fight, the fight ended in a controversial draw.

The second fight was fought more at long range but had moments on the inside as well, Nelson knocked Fenech down in the 1st and questionably in the 2nd, Fenech made a comeback in rounds 3, 4 and 5 though before getting hurt again in the 6th, Nelson then finished him in the 8th. Big difference in this fight was that Nelson was arguably getting the better of Fenech on the inside unlike in the first fight where it was the other way round.

Both were very, very good fights.

Fight 1:

Fight 2:

Last edited by Silencers; 08-29-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Henry Namauu vs Rayford Johnson - Very good action in the first 4 rounds, Namauu took control from the 5th but Johnson was in the fight all the way. Both guys don't have great records or great technique but they made for a very good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X