No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello 2?

I just got the chance to view this fight and for some reason I always kind of envisioned this fight to be a one sided beatdown of Arguello and not very exciting but I thought Arguello gave a very good account of himself and the fight was very exciting.I watched the fight with no commentary and Richard Steele deducted a point from Arguello in the eighth round(I think) but I don't know exactly why,may have been for low blows.

What's your guys opinion on this fight?

Great fight

Pryor is 1 of my favourites!

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
      I just got the chance to view this fight and for some reason I always kind of envisioned this fight to be a one sided beatdown of Arguello and not very exciting but I thought Arguello gave a very good account of himself and the fight was very exciting.I watched the fight with no commentary and Richard Steele deducted a point from Arguello in the eighth round(I think) but I don't know exactly why,may have been for low blows.

What's your guys opinion on this fight?
      I saw the fight live on closed circuit in MSG. The rounds in which Arguello wasn't knocked down in he did well. He wasn't able to keep Pryor off of him, and decided to take a 10 count instead of absorbing any more punishment

Comment

Great fight! I was a big Pryor fan too but he was so wired(substance) after the 13th round. To me it was no worse than steriods or tampered gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
          Great fight! I was a big Pryor fan too but he was so wired(substance) after the 13th round. To me it was no worse than steriods or tampered gloves.
          No proof of this my friend, and I've always admired Arguello more than Pryor.

Comment

Its a great fight. But Arguello was taking way to many head shots. His reflexes were gone in that fight.

Comment

Working...
            X